Problem Redwood Tree Falling Apart?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
J

JellyCat

So I've tried twice now to build a house in a giant Redwood, but both times the leaves started dying! Any leaves that extend past the bark will start decaying, leaving me with an awkward cylindrical tree... What am I missing here?

24l1qoz.png

2prfwvb.png

J

JellyCat

**I can't edit this post since I'm new, but I forgot to mention: The first time I tried to hollow out the base, but the second time I only cleared out some leaves. If I leave it alone, it's all fine. Something about removing wood/leaves seems to make it freak out.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
The leaves need to be within a certain distance of a connected wood block to remain stable*. So, as soon as you break a leaf block, it checks to make sure the surrounding leaves have their wood block tether. When it sees that they do not, it starts a chain reaction.

Kind of like how sand can generate over an empty space, but as soon as you disturb one block, the rest fall.

*This only applies to leaves that are generated as part of the tree. You can place them wherever you want and they'll stay

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
That sounds like a mod bug. The tree isn't creating branches (the wood tether Drbretto spoke of). What is the mod and version you are playing? Have you checked the author's github to see if this issue was already reported?

J

JellyCat

That sounds like a mod bug. The tree isn't creating branches (the wood tether Drbretto spoke of). What is the mod and version you are playing? Have you checked the author's github to see if this issue was already reported?

I'm playing SF3, v.3.0.15, which is the latest, with Natura 4.1.0.80. I've seen other people build in or change the trees who are also playing SF3, which is what has me confused. The issue was mentioned a few months ago for the version I'm playing, and then again recently with a newer version, but nothing seems to have been done which is why I figured I'd ask.

You could use MCedit or Worldedit to switch all the leaves on your tree in one go. Those tools have a few other features that'll make re-building the leaves easier if you're reluctant to find a new tree to call home.

I hadn't thought to use MCedit; that's a good idea. I'll have to give that a try.