redstone making

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

SingeFireHD

Jul 29, 2019
is it possible to make redstone dust or ore using the ftb ultimate pack. ive tried industrial centrifuge but it requires redstone to get started. and same for recyclers they need a circuit which again needs redstone. any other ways?

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
is it possible to make redstone dust or ore using the ftb ultimate pack. ive tried industrial centrifuge but it requires redstone to get started. and same for recyclers they need a circuit which again needs redstone. any other ways?

As far as I know there isn't a way of doing this without having redstone for the making of the machine. It's used as the basic symbol of energy for most of the major mods, and widely used in them as the basis for power conversion/use (electronic circuits in IC2, coils in TE, engines in BC, etc.).

This isn't usually considered a problem given redstone's prevalence in worldgen, and the effect that Fortune has on that. Might I ask why you are looking to make redstone without redstone?

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
Witches drop redstone. So you could check out Kingdaddy (dmac?) on Youtube for hermitcraft videos. The most recent video shows him looking at over 900,000 redstone from witches.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Witches, red wheat, bees, and something else I think I'm forgetting but can't remember.

epicninja

Jul 29, 2019
Well, uu matter does I think, but you're playing with gregtech, I don't see why you can't mine it, just dig to bedrock and mine forward, you'll get a stack in 10minutes at the most.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, ok. My bad. Witches are probably the easiest solution with no redstone investment at all. Red wheat is possible, but without redstone to begin with, you'de be breeding blind for the most part, which would be challenging, to say the least. Plus, is it not ones of the advanced crops that requires fertilized soil (i.e. requiring scrap, requiring a recycler). Bees are possible, but the centrifuge would need power, which would need redstone for a piston.

As I said, without any redstone to begin with at all, it's a very difficult thing to generate.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Yeah, ok. My bad. Witches are probably the easiest solution with no redstone investment at all. Red wheat is possible, but without redstone to begin with, you'de be breeding blind for the most part, which would be challenging, to say the least. Plus, is it not ones of the advanced crops that requires fertilized soil (i.e. requiring scrap, requiring a recycler). Bees are possible, but the centrifuge would need power, which would need redstone for a piston.

As I said, without any redstone to begin with at all, it's a very difficult thing to generate.
None require fertilized soil to my knowledge; it simply aids in growth. The only requirement that I know of for redwheat is a light level of 7 or lower(redstone torch).

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
None require fertilized soil to my knowledge; it simply aids in growth. The only requirement that I know of for redwheat is a light level of 7 or lower(redstone torch).

Fair enough. I haven't played with them in a while, I just remember some of the discussions from back when people were trying to work out how to get red wheat, and a lot of the possibilities that they were putting forward as to why the mutations weren't happening.