Redstone level indicator block?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Hi all,

Is there some mod that adds a block that can give a quick visual indication of a redstone level? So either a block that shows a number between 0 to 15 or else some other visual indicator. I know I can use a computer from ComputerCraft or OpenComputers for this but first I'd like to know if there isn't something simpler.

Thanks

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all,

Is there some mod that adds a block that can give a quick visual indication of a redstone level? So either a block that shows a number between 0 to 15 or else some other visual indicator. I know I can use a computer from ComputerCraft or OpenComputers for this but first I'd like to know if there isn't something simpler.

Thanks

perhaps the MFR rednet controller? I'm not 100% sure though, as I never really figured out how to use the damn thing properly

Reactions: McJty

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
MFR also has a Multimeter that will allow you to read out redstone strengths of cables etc when you click with it. Probably only works on MFR Rednet cables etc though, but still very handy in those cases when dealing with multiple channels with different strengths.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I didn't know about the MFR monitor, that's fantastic :)

Its a shame I keep ripping that mod out of packs. Maybe i should plonk it back in but minetweak the recipes that I'd abuse the hell out of otherwise (anything-farming, etc)

In a pinch, you can make a line of redstone lamps with dust running along them. But that's a yucky solution if you want a 1-block one.