Redstone Help: Can this be improved with FTB Revelation blocks?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

kittenykat

Jul 29, 2019
So hi everyone, I'll get straight to the point: I've been using this double door design, made by TaviRider, for my houses for pretty much as long as I can remember playing minecraft.

However I know there are all kinds of shortcut blocks and special circuits and compacted circuit blocks included in all of the Feed The Beast packs, not to mention the red alloy wire from the inclusion of Project: Red.

So I was hoping to come to you folks and ask if you can help me figure out how to replicate this design's functionality in a much smaller package using the various bits and bobs added by Feed The Beast: Revelation? (That's what I'm playing right now, v2.1.0). Thanks, and good luck! <3

kittenykat

Jul 29, 2019
There's no single blocks like those xor gates or whatever that would do most of the heavy lifting? Not that I actually know which I'd need... Hrm. Computers seem like wayyy too much work. :I

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I know RFTools has some pretty complex logic gates that can be set up pretty much anywhere (including walls and ceilings). That might be your to-go solution.

kittenykat

Jul 29, 2019
I'll have to have a look. Sadly I never really could wrap my head around the actual I/O stuff of redstone, I just look up functional stuff and copy the builds in the videos, hehe. Not sure I'm smart enough to duplicate the effects with those blocks on my own. D: Hm, I wonder if Tavi's still around... xD

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Easy Solution: Obsidian/Dark Iron/Carpenter's Pressure Plate that is set to only trigger for players on the outside. There's gotta be a half dozen mods that add a player-only pressure plate.

Even easier solution: Ineffiable Glass from ExUtil2. Player can pass through, mobs cannot. Obviates the need for a door in the traditional sense.