Redstone Energy Cells?

joxer90x

Jul 29, 2019
Wanted to try out the redstone energy cells, got alittle bit excited and...
20121217205438.png

the 6 combustion engines i had next to my biofuel storage area blew up..

left the engines running as i got irritated by having failed to hook up a BC gate to check their power state and went back to DW20's vid... and then i heard a blast. xD

I'm an RP2 lover </3... :'( newb to most the FTB mods.
would appreciate some general tips.
especially regarding these energy cells and bc gates o_o

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
I use a magma crucible burning netherrack a couple of magmatic engines some gold waterproof pipes 1 wooden waterproof A iron waterproof a redstone engine and a handful of tanks.

Have the output pipe from the crucible go past the engines to fill them and end at a stack of tanks.
Attach the wooden pipe to the adjacent side of the bottom tank. Make a loop back to the first pipe out of the crucible ending with the iron pipe making it so the lava can only flow from the crucible to the tank past the engines first.Ew

Run power from the engines to the crucible and the cell. Kickstart the engines with 1 lava cell each.
Excess lava goes into the tanks and is fed back to the engines if the crucible runs dry.

More engines and crucible make it go faster.

joxer90x

Jul 29, 2019
That area was essentially dedicated towards a single assembly table, hooked up the redstone energy cells only to charge em up...
was hoping earlier to add an energy cell with a gate there since i had 8 lasers and only 6 combustion engines
wanted to make it so the engines would run aslong as the energy cell isn't filled up instead whenever the assembly table has work.
since 6 combustion engines couldn't make it go full speed either way ( if im correct, each laser takes up to 5 mj/t which is all a a combustion engine can produce.. so i'd need to add two more o_o )

problem is gates dont seem to be able to sense any variables from the redstone energy cells..

( nor can 6 combustion engines running on biofuel fill up 2 redstone energy cells without exploding >_> )
but i wonder if that's so or if i had an energy loop somewhere :<

ps. biofuel, not biomass >_>
i'd say half a stack of tanks filled with bioFuel got blown up in that lol
20121217225336.png

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure about the while gates stuff, haven't had the the time or the desire to learn those yet but the setup I seafront I use for basically the same thing you want it for.

I had an expanded setup of what I describes powering a quarry.
I had 8 magmatic engines feeding 5 energy cells which were in turn powering the quarry and the crucible. It's ready to take out a full cell and put an empty one in.

Like I said, not sure about how you could automate it though.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
At the current time Energy Cells don't have the ability to interact with BC gates.

joxer90x

Jul 29, 2019
At the current time Energy Cells don't have the ability to interact with BC gates.
thought so, darn DW20 for not telling us when what he's showing is a sneakpeak and what aint...

at 22:34- he shows off a "gate reader" way i understood it its a CC item that acts like a BC gate.
he repetitively says it reads what gates read.... guess that'll be in the upcoming versions.
& gratz to him for reaching 100k subs btw :D

That sucks.
Did you have water hooked up to cool the engines?
had 4 BC pumps in the room on the left in the first screenshot
each powered by 4 redstone engines constantly, all pump water into a single golden pipe line..
20121217225321.png
i really should aqueous accumulator to do the job, too bad wasn't aware of them at the start

thinking about it it couldn't have been looped power line exploding since..
1 all machines and excessive golden conductive pipes was cut out before i started charging
2 redtone energy cells were for that particular moment set to output 0MJ/t
3 im pretty sure >_> redstone energy cells were only touching a conductive pipe on one side

I'm not sure about the while gates stuff, haven't had the the time or the desire to learn those yet but the setup I seafront I use for basically the same thing you want it for.

I had an expanded setup of what I describes powering a quarry.
I had 8 magmatic engines feeding 5 energy cells which were in turn powering the quarry and the crucible. It's ready to take out a full cell and put an empty one in.

Like I said, not sure about how you could automate it though.
didn't want no overfed quarry lol, altho i've read of those >_> currently a quarry wont go faster being fed more than 9MJ/t which is the max
heard that both on these forums and on BC's wiki.

but nah i didn't want to incorporate looped production line to be honest
just wanted em there to stabilize output...

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
The gate reader is a MiscPeripherals addon (which is I beleive RichardG's mod which adds a bunch of stuff to turtles and to Compcraft computers) which requires a computer\turtle to use.
Though I'd suggest swap out all your golden conductives for the redstone energy conduits, they are smart and will not let engines go boom (or at least I haven't had magmatics\biogas\industrial steam engines go boom) some of those I am fairly sure cannot anyway, which brings me to my other option don't use TNTpower sources there are a lot of much safer options :D

joxer90x

Jul 29, 2019
The gate reader is a MiscPeripherals addon (which is I beleive RichardG's mod which adds a bunch of stuff to turtles and to Compcraft computers) which requires a computer\turtle to use.
Though I'd suggest swap out all your golden conductives for the redstone energy conduits, they are smart and will not let engines go boom (or at least I haven't had magmatics\biogas\industrial steam engines go boom) some of those I am fairly sure cannot anyway, which brings me to my other option don't use TNTpower sources there are a lot of much safer options :D
ahh yes, misc peripherals... what confused me ( i guess ) & tyvm WTFFFS for clarifying that...
was that DW said they read the information a regular gate reads.

i gotta try out magmatic engines, haven't had the chance yet..
tbh i was thinking of using biofuel as main energy source, are there engines besides combustion that use it?

Make sure to not connect your engines directly to a redstone energy cell.
im quite new to thermal expansion, could you clarify why?

Cloud

Jul 29, 2019
Most of the engines do not transfer all of its energy directly adjacent to a buildcraft compatible machine and i think redstone energy cell are not an exception.(Not tested)

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
ahh yes, misc peripherals... what confused me ( i guess ) & tyvm WTFFFS for clarifying that...
was that DW said they read the information a regular gate reads.

i gotta try out magmatic engines, haven't had the chance yet..
tbh i was thinking of using biofuel as main energy source, are there engines besides combustion that use it?

Steam Engines in a roundabout way use Biofuel, a liquid fueled Firebox plus Boiler Tanks = Steam Engines on Biofuel and there is also the cool factor of boilers they are fun to play with.