Redstone Energy Cell problem.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

JegherX

Jul 29, 2019
Ehi guys! I'm here because i need a solution to a technic problem.. I connected a couple of machines (2 magma crucible, 2 liquid transposer and a induction smelter) to a full redstone energy cell. The problem is that with ALL machines full of energy AND NOT working, the redstone cell continue losing energy..

Is there a sort of bug? Or is it normal that T.E. machines always consume energy??

PS on the opposite wall, i have another redstone cell, connected to 4 furnaces a pulverizer and an induction smelter, and it DO NOT lose energy :(

Anyone can help me? Thanks :)

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
I think in the 1.5 version of TE all machines consume power while idle.

Hmm didn't see that 'Ps' but that would be very weird :eek:

JegherX

Jul 29, 2019
"P.S.: on the opposite wall, i have another redstone cell, connected to 4 furnaces a pulverizer and an induction smelter, and it DO NOT lose energy :("

Unfortunately the solution is not so easy :( thanks anyway!

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Break the connect to the machines, one at a time, and see which one is eating the power.

/edit -- if you have a rolling machine in that group, there is your culprit

Reactions: RedBoss

JegherX

Jul 29, 2019
Mmm.. i think i found the solution.. but i can't understand why..
Anyway i think the problem is something about chunk updating.. I noticed that i have the loss of energy everytime i log out the server, but with a spot loader in the chunk i don't lose energy..

Strange thing.. Thanks at all ^^

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Is the energy cell in one chunk that stays loaded, and the machines it feeds in another chunk that wasn't staying loaded?

JegherX

Jul 29, 2019
No, they are in the same chunk.. and after some other tries i've seen that my solution is not still working xD
For the moment i'll block the energy flow with a lever, but it's really bad to see and not definetely :S

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
What does your power connectivity look like? Chiefly - are your energy conduits (or conductive pipes) forming a loop anywhere at all? Or perhaps even touching the energy cell on more than one face?

JegherX

Jul 29, 2019
2013-10-17_23.41.26.png
Of course i use energy conduits.. and to explain better i post a screenshot ^^

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
The 1.5 TE machines do not leech power while idling, and I don't even see a config file in the folder that might allow for such a change.

How does power get into that energy cell?

JegherX

Jul 29, 2019
Because of it's rare use, for the moment i personally change the cell when it is empty.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
So did you ever just break the power conduit to one machine at a time and see where the energy loss was happening?

JegherX

Jul 29, 2019
Yes i did. All the machines seem to drain energy.. i've noticed a 1.000MJ decrease per machine every time i log out and re-log in.
So 1k with 1 only connected, 2k with two machines and so on..