Redpower frame/chunk loading help.

brian hatley

Jul 29, 2019
Basically just need to get my chunk loaders to actually work on the moving redpower frames, I understand its fairly c9mmon practice to make a mining machine auomated in a mystcrafy age.

brian hatley

Jul 29, 2019
1.4.7 ultimate modpack, ive tried chunk loaders, world anchors, chunk loading turtles, multiple of each, ive tried having one chunk loader stay still while the frame moves and then manually move it back up. Legit confused as hell because ive seen people use this setup without any issues.

Lord Wumbo

Jul 29, 2019
Wouldn't it be simpler to use a chunk loader cart from railcraft and put it on rails. You could even just use a tunnel bore for your mining machine so everything stays together.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
Had the same problem.

Fixed with Railcraft archor cart.
And a chunk loading turtle following after it.

What you need is to inch worm the two world archors and make sure one is always loading the world before the other moves.

brian hatley

Jul 29, 2019
How long does a world anchor need to be stationary for it to start to function again? theres a good 2-3 seconds where there is at least 1 world anchor stationary at a time.

apemanzilla

Jul 29, 2019
Basically - put one anchor at the very front of the quarry so it's the first block and another at the end. Then, if it's larger than 2 chunks long, add more anchors in the middle.

brian hatley

Jul 29, 2019
Is that video working for anybody? It refuses to play on my phone.

And I have chunkloaders and world anchors all over this thing.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Are those the chunk loaders that have to be powered by ender pearls? (believe it's the ones from Railcraft that need that "fuel").

apemanzilla

Jul 29, 2019
Are those the chunk loaders that have to be powered by ender pearls? (believe it's the ones from Railcraft that need that "fuel").
Run down:
World Anchor: From Railcraft, takes 1 pearl for 12 hours of 3x3 chunk loading.
Personal Anchor: Railcraft, takes 1 pearl/12 hours of 3x3 chunk loading but only while the owner of the loader is online.
Admin Anchor: Railcraft, same as world anchor, but takes no pearls. Cannot be crafted
Chunk loader module: Steve's Carts 2, module for carts. Can be enabled with the Ui.
Chunk Loader: Chicken Chunks, free to use and can be configured. Settings like max radius / total chunks allowed depends on the config files.
Spot Loader. Chicken Chunks, loads only the chunk containing itself.
Chunk Loading Turtle: MiscPeripherals turtle upgrade, loads an area (size is changed in config files) and also functions as a wireless modem.

The Railcraft chunk loaders can be put in minecarts.

brian hatley

Jul 29, 2019
Heres what I got going on one ship
[DOUBLEPOST=1375810176][/DOUBLEPOST]Excuse the lag, my computer can barely handle ftb alone.

brian hatley

Jul 29, 2019
The video from odedex is a little different then this, because the contraption only moves forward every few minutes at a time, where as im moving forward once every 10ish seconds. but i will just have to give it a go!

brian hatley

Jul 29, 2019
Few updates, so I laid world anchors down the path of one ship with fuel. And it still stops? They are placed right on the ground stationary

[DOUBLEPOST=1376313934][/DOUBLEPOST]This is the setup on the other ship

[DOUBLEPOST=1376314104][/DOUBLEPOST]And heres the kicker, I set this thing up and it looks like it got way ahead of the ship then stopped but when I went to visit it a few days later , thr chunks were definitley being loaded seeing as the grass is constantly getting eaten by thr nearby sheep. And it appears to jave stayed loaded the entire time. , so why did it stop?

brian hatley

Jul 29, 2019
Could this be a non chunk loading issue? If so what could it be? The logic is definitley chunk loaded. And they automatically start working when I get near the ships.

How much would somebody charge via paypal to log onto my server and fix/create a working mining machine once and for all.[DOUBLEPOST=1376314333][/DOUBLEPOST]In the first video , with the world anchors on the ground. The machine stops within minutes as well despite ample loading.

brian hatley

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, not to spam but I still cannot get this to work. I have since added more loaders/anchors and a few personal anchors. About 10 minutes and they stop.

I will PAY somebody to get onto my server to fix this issue or show me how.

As of now I believe you can NOT chunk load a rp mining machine in mystcraft ages.

brian hatley

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm I havent thought about that one. I will definitely do that when I get home, I feel like that isnt the issue because as soon as I get close it starts working again. But damn well worth a shot!