Recruiting Staff

Which do you think you qualify for?

• Total voters

Jared39

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I am starting up a FTB Ultimate server(MageTech) and would like to start it off with quality Staff.
The server is Survivial-PvP with Towny, Residence, PvP arenas, CTF arenas, Economy, and much more.

Positions:

Developer: I am need around 2-3 people who know java well to be on the MageTech development team.
Requirements: Know java well, Willing to tackle problems, Available often, know FTB(knowing FTB isnt quite as important for a Developer than it is for an Admin)

Admin: I need about 3-5 well knowledgeable people to fulfill the admin position.
Requirements: Know how a server works, Know FTB extremely well, Handle disputes calmly, fairly, and maturely, Dedicated to server, Willing to tackle problems, Know what causes lag, Follow server rules, Available often. | Knows how to build(Building will not affect if you get Admin or not)

Moderator: I am looking for around 5+ people to fulfill the Moderator position. (Having moderators isn't as essential in the beginning but I would like to have at least 2)
Requirements: Know some FTB, Familiar with what causes lag, Follow server rules, Handle disputes calmly, fairly, and maturely, Is on around 4-5 days a week (Unless vacation, work, class, etc.)

How to Apply:
(Paste this in your reply)
In Game Name:
Positon:
Steam Name(if you have one):
Reason for Applying:
Why should you be this position:
Experiences:
Servers you have been admin/mod/Dev(Screenshot would be nice):
About how many days will you be available:
What is your role(Student, Employed, etc.):
Any extra information that you think I should know:

If you have any questions, something to show me, etc. you can PM me, email me, or chat with me on Steam. (If I am online, chatting with me on steam will be the quickest way to reach me)

Steam name: [Scout] Jared39
Email: [email protected]

Looking forward to reading replies,
Jared39

DerpNyanCat

Jul 29, 2019
My name is DerpNyanCat
I dont have steam.
I love FTB and Mod would be nice because i do have a bit of experience with FTB
I do know micro blocks does cause lag, etc.
I am a Mod on slimecraft.no-ip.org and sadly no screen shots ):
Everyday of the week besides vacation.
And i am a student, but no school until August, :D
And I am a Girl, Just call me Lizzy or Liz.;)

Azurren

Jul 29, 2019
from one server owner to another dont look for staff by advertising on forums it never works out well, you should have a read of this

I completely agree..
Even close RL friends or players who have been loyally playing on your server from the start can stab you in the back.
Power is a strange thing and no one really knows how they will handle it (If they can handle it at all)
Ex WoWScape / ScapeGamming GM (World of Warcraft)

I have many tales to tell.. Including outright fraud (Stealing donation money), abusing fair levelling (Giving out freebies) to friends and other characters, unfair banning, bullying, BULLYING (Serious bullying) and even bribery..
The recruitment process on that server was massively refined, but even then I had to ban some of my closest in-game friends.
As sadly I was the one to catch 2 of them in the act. A further 4 was banned out of 10 new recruits..

Reactions: MRHeavyMetal_SIR

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
In Game Name: SatanicSanta
Steam Name(if you have one): SatanNicholas
Reason for Applying: I love FTB, and would love to help out a community in FTB. My world is almost at end game :/
Why should you be this position: Moderator/Admin. I think I could be good at moderating since I am very experienced in FTB, and am generally very calm and good at solving disputes.
Experiences: I've moderated a billion and 1 forums, and have tons of FTB work. You can see some outdated builds here: http://satanicsantaminecraft.imgur.com/
Servers you have been admin/mod/Dev(Screenshot would be nice): None. The servers I use have 1 admin, and no mods, devs, or anything of the sort.
About how many days will you be available: Most days a week, usually anytime after 4 PM on weekdays, and at anytime between 10 AM - 5 AM on weekends.
What is your role(Student, Employed, etc.): Student
Any extra information that you think I should know: N/A

Predatorkillol

Jul 29, 2019
In Game Name: nadroj_awesome
Steam Name(if you have one): predatorkillol
Reason for Applying: I want to learn how to mod/dev/admin better and feed the beast is one of the things i'm good at
Why should you be this position: I know a large amount about ftb and i'm constantly learning due my decent amount of free time
Experiences:
Servers you have been admin/mod/Dev(Screenshot would be nice):
About how many days will you be available: Almost any day for about an hour or two
Any extra information that you think I should know: not much other than i'm addicted to ftb and helping people so why not do both at the same time :)

AliveGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any chance we can get some details of the server will itself? I'd prefer to see what kind of server and what it would be like before I apply.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk 2

Jared39

Jul 29, 2019
from one server owner to another dont look for staff by advertising on forums it never works out well, you should have a read of this

I see what you mean and I mainly need developers so that is why I made this post then I put in the Admin and Moderator positions. Also, this was just to see who was interested. I would have to further inspect them on the server.

Jared39...

Were you on seanbeags server?
Or are you a different Jared?
I think I am a different Jared39.

Is there any chance we can get some details of the server will itself? I'd prefer to see what kind of server and what it would be like before I apply.
Yeah, it was late when I wrote this and I will add that.

I mainly need Java Developers so if you are interested let me know!

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, turns out mine was Jared948 - he recent posted on Sean's forum, but hasn't when I wrote that.
Oops.

Never mind then!

This seems like a VERY big project, if you're recruiting Developers and everything... You sure you can find this? If a vanilla server is for 100 people about the amount dedicated developers
May be needed, then the server costs a LOT.
For heavily modded MC, with much larger requirements, hosting this server will most likely need a dedicated machine or something, similar to the "Enderdragon" package available from Creeperhost.
If you run out of money halfway through... I doubt that will go down so well.

SWGCryand

Jul 29, 2019
In Game Name: SWGCryand/Cnibeck (Cnibeck is my alt).
Steam Name(if you have one): Dryheater10 (I go by Swiggles by most friends)
Reason for Applying: Looking for a good community!
Why should you be this position: I'm looking to be an Admin and I have a level head. I have struggled with being "different" and I know how easy it is for someone to feel left out, saddened, and just "shut down" meaning they don't listen to anyone. I deal with this on a daily basis and I feel like I could help people on the server who are struggling with the same thing.
Experiences: Ran a feed the beast server for 3 months, ran a vanilla (No mods) server for 1.5 months, ran a tekkit server for 4-5 weeks.
Servers you have been admin/mod/Dev(Screenshot would be nice): I ran a server (As seen above) and I know the mods quite well.
About how many days will you be available: I'm going into High School this year (Freshman) and the school I will be going to is an advanced school, so I have a hefty work load. I'm on summer currently, so on breaks I will be available every day (I may not be logged in to the server, but I will be on Skype/Steam) and during the year we will have to see.
What is your role(Student, Employed, etc.): Personal, I don't feel this information needs to be known but as seen above my answer is Student.
Any extra information that you think I should know: 14 years old, from the United States, fluent in English. I have a Skype (My preferred method of communications), I can send you my Skype in a PM on here or on Steam. I've also sent you a friend request on Steam.

Thanks for reading this!
- SWGCryand

Jared39

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, turns out mine was Jared948 - he recent posted on Sean's forum, but hasn't when I wrote that.
Oops.

Never mind then!

This seems like a VERY big project, if you're recruiting Developers and everything... You sure you can find this? If a vanilla server is for 100 people about the amount dedicated developers
May be needed, then the server costs a LOT.
For heavily modded MC, with much larger requirements, hosting this server will most likely need a dedicated machine or something, similar to the "Enderdragon" package available from Creeperhost.
If you run out of money halfway through... I doubt that will go down so well.
Yeah, I am going to get a dedicated machine. Almost any large FTB server is going to need a dedicated machine.

In Game Name: SWGCryand/Cnibeck (Cnibeck is my alt).
Steam Name(if you have one): Dryheater10 (I go by Swiggles by most friends)
Reason for Applying: Looking for a good community!
Why should you be this position: I'm looking to be an Admin and I have a level head. I have struggled with being "different" and I know how easy it is for someone to feel left out, saddened, and just "shut down" meaning they don't listen to anyone. I deal with this on a daily basis and I feel like I could help people on the server who are struggling with the same thing.
Experiences: Ran a feed the beast server for 3 months, ran a vanilla (No mods) server for 1.5 months, ran a tekkit server for 4-5 weeks.
Servers you have been admin/mod/Dev(Screenshot would be nice): I ran a server (As seen above) and I know the mods quite well.
About how many days will you be available: I'm going into High School this year (Freshman) and the school I will be going to is an advanced school, so I have a hefty work load. I'm on summer currently, so on breaks I will be available every day (I may not be logged in to the server, but I will be on Skype/Steam) and during the year we will have to see.
What is your role(Student, Employed, etc.): Personal, I don't feel this information needs to be known but as seen above my answer is Student.
Any extra information that you think I should know: 14 years old, from the United States, fluent in English. I have a Skype (My preferred method of communications), I can send you my Skype in a PM on here or on Steam. I've also sent you a friend request on Steam.

Thanks for reading this!
- SWGCryand
I accepted your request on steam! When you come online I will interview you.

TheMaveric

Jul 29, 2019
In Game Name: TheMaveric100
Steam Name(if you have one): MBP3131
Reason for Applying: I am looking for a good FTB server to join and stick with.
Why should you be this position: I am looking to be an Admin. I have much experience with adminship. I have settled many disputes over a server I ran. I understand how to run a server. I have leadership skills and understand how Feed the Beast works and how plugins work.
Experiences: I have experience running a vanilla server for a year. And I modded on a PVP/Raid server for over a year and a half.
Servers you have been admin/mod/Dev(Screenshot would be nice): I have run a vanilla server for 1 year. And Modded on a PVP server for a year and a half.
About how many days will you be available: I will be available on call everyday through skype and steam during the summer. Over the school year I should be available at least 5days a week.
Any extra information that you think I should know: I'm 15 (if that matters) from the US, fluent in English, can speak a bit of French. I mainly contact people through skype but I always have steam running. I also attempt to talk with correct grammar even online.

Thanks if you accept me. GLHF

-Mav

SWGCryand

Jul 29, 2019
Why should you be this position: I am looking to be an Admin. I have much experience with adminship. I have settled many disputes over a server I ran. I understand how to run a server. I have leadership skills and understand how Feed the Beast works and how plugins work.
Experiences: I have experience running a vanilla server for a year. And I modded on a PVP/Raid server for over a year and a half.
Servers you have been admin/mod/Dev(Screenshot would be nice): I have run a vanilla server for 1 year. And Modded on a PVP server for a year and a half.
About how many days will you be available: I will be available on call everyday through skype and steam during the summer. Over the school year I should be available at least 5days a week.
Any extra information that you think I should know: I'm 15 (if that matters) from the US, fluent in English, can speak a bit of French. I mainly contact people through skype but I always have steam running. I also attempt to talk with correct grammar even online.

-Mav

Yep. You're always on Steam cause it always decides to update by itself :3

Jared39

Jul 29, 2019

-Mav
I have accepted your request on steam! I am going to interview you when you come online.

Bloodychris

Jul 29, 2019
In Game Name: Bloodychris
Positon: Admin
Steam Name(if you have one): Bloodychris187
Reason for Applying: The old server I was an admin on recently died out
Why should you be this position: I have much experience and I'm a person who will get things done
Experiences: See question 4
Servers you have been admin/mod/Dev(Screenshot would be nice): MLG craft
About how many days will you be available: 20/7
Any extra information that you think I should know: I like pi not like pie but pi (3.14159265)

Jared39

Jul 29, 2019
In Game Name: Bloodychris
Positon: Admin
Steam Name(if you have one): Bloodychris187
Reason for Applying: The old server I was an admin on recently died out
Why should you be this position: I have much experience and I'm a person who will get things done
Experiences: See question 4
Servers you have been admin/mod/Dev(Screenshot would be nice): MLG craft
About how many days will you be available: 20/7
Any extra information that you think I should know: I like pi not like pie but pi (3.14159265)
I have sent you a request on steam and will interview you when you come online.