Recover password from logindata

danielhep

Jul 29, 2019
My friend has lost his Minecraft password and now he can't log in to Minecraft anymore. We recently discovered that the FTB launcher has it saved and he can log in to his Minecraft account through the FTB launcher. How can we extract the password from the launcher? If no one knows how, I suppose I can decompile the launcher and figure out how it saves the password myself, but I'd rather not.

Any ideas?

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Ah. You could try copying and pasting the password from the password box to a text file, some applications however disable this, and it's entirely possible FTB blocks that.

danielhep

Jul 29, 2019
Ah. You could try copying and pasting the password from the password box to a text file, some applications however disable this, and it's entirely possible FTB blocks that.
Not possible, that's blocked. Is there a way I could contact the devs to ask for a way to decrypt the password file? I really don't want to decompile it, especially considering it's likely obfuscated.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
I still say try and contact mojang and explain the situation and get them to verify the account holder is correct then supply them with a new password.

rewbycraft

Jul 29, 2019
Not possible, that's blocked. Is there a way I could contact the devs to ask for a way to decrypt the password file? I really don't want to decompile it, especially considering it's likely obfuscated.
My guess it that it stores the hash, so you can't get it back.
If you can still login to ftb you can prove to mojang you are the legit owner by logging into a server and have them reset the pass with a new mail.