Recommendation on a laptop?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
The first one would be a little better. SSD and a slight faster CPU. But the 8GB of RAM seems a little light on both laptops considering that the recommendation for FTB Infinity Lite it 5 to 6 GB. That doesn't leave much for other processes and the windows 10 OS.

T

Taurohs

The first one would be a little better. SSD and a slight faster CPU. But the 8GB of RAM seems a little light on both laptops considering that the recommendation for FTB Infinity Lite it 5 to 6 GB. That doesn't leave much for other processes and the windows 10 OS.
With the first one it says there is a compartment for easy upgrades, so you would recommend getting another 8gb? And after the additional 8 it would be perform alright?

Flabort

Jul 29, 2019
IMO neither laptop is adequate. Acer has a reputation for overheating really badly and crashing as a result. I can testify that this is true. If you get an Acer laptop, make sure to get some compressed air and thermal gel; use the air to blow out the fan every week or so, and replace the gel every 6 months.

B

Bomery

IMO neither laptop is adequate. Acer has a reputation for overheating really badly and crashing as a result. I can testify that this is true. If you get an Acer laptop, make sure to get some compressed air and thermal gel; use the air to blow out the fan every week or so, and replace the gel every 6 months.
My dell won't have this problem.Also, it has some methodological techniques to help user ,

M

margaux.stine

I am using Acer, this laptop has been with me for about a year now.

stevin42542

Jan 7, 2020
If you are a programmer, I would strongly recommend going for a MacBook Air with 8GB/128GB base option. The MacBook you are talking about is MD101HNA mostly. and its pretty old with mechanical disc which is why you’re getting 500 GB of slow storage. Go for MacBook Air base version which would be around 60–65k.

Nistirio

May 25, 2020
Both laptops should be able to run any modpack fine.
I recommend at least 8GB of RAM in general though, since many modpacks already require at least 4GB.