Recipes GregTech addons

kister88

Jul 29, 2019
Hello I have a problem with any recipe GregTech changes, the pick is more like the craft and I do not know where it can be changed ... (not found in the config file GregTech)
2013-08-17_15.55.23.png

Help me please.

xCouzchat7

Jul 29, 2019
It's in dynamicconfig.cfg in the /Gregtech folder. Look for platesrequiredfortools, platesrequiredforarmor, and platesrequiredformisc

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
LOL Playing unhinged? That's unhinged for ya..it's supposed to be extra hard. Want easy you can edit the configs like said above or add it into Unleashed and change the configs.
I believe default is set to uber hard-pull your hair out-claw out your eyes- stab self in chest- set self on fire mode... that may just be me to ;)

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not quite sure what OP's problem is? all I see is that crazy iron pick pattern...

"the pick is more like the craft" is what's confusing me.

And OP aint playing unhinged, **Motions towards the TiC parts**
Unless he added GT?..

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
There is a reason Greg's configs are so packed with features and options. This is one of those things that you should've either searched for, or figured out yourself.

Sent from a rich kids phone that I stole. (I'll regift it soon)

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Chances are now that Greg has divorced from the main FTB pack there is no need for a config that turns off his intended features or at least the new ones.
It could also be linked to the plate tool setting that reverts the plate requirement for electric tools.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Chances are now that Greg has divorced from the main FTB pack there is no need for a config that turns off his intended features or at least the new ones.
It could also be linked to the plate tool setting that reverts the plate requirement for electric tools.

He still includes those config options. Gregtech is just default on hard mode. He understands that not everyone likes his mod for that playing style.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
He still includes those config options. Gregtech is just default on hard mode. He understands that not everyone likes his mod for that playing style.
Yeah, I don't really toy with the configs much anymore as I play SMP and don't own the servers I play on. But I've seen them.
There is no idiot proof option that states TurnTheStupidFileThingForThePick: = False.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I don't really toy with the configs much anymore as I play SMP and don't own the servers I play on. But I've seen them.
There is no idiot proof option that states TurnTheStupidFileThingForThePick: = False.

If I were a mod author why would I insult my options in my config file? I know I wouldn't, and am sure Greg or any other author wouldn't either. His config option for that is quite obvious, PlatesNeededForTools, is quite easy to understand.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
If I were a mod author why would I insult my options in my config file? I know I wouldn't, and am sure Greg or any other author wouldn't either. His config option for that is quite obvious, PlatesNeededForTools, is quite easy to understand.
Umm, yeah. It might not have been clear but I was being facetious. Of course a modder wouldn't go out of their way to insult people (But we are talking about Greg here). It would be FileAndHammerNeededFortools; = Whatever.

One might think that plates needed option only applies to the electric tools, also does flipping that setting remove the file and hammer requirement? The only way to find out is to actually try it I guess.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Umm, yeah. It might not have been clear but I was being facetious. Of course a modder wouldn't go out of their way to insult people (But we are talking about Greg here). It would be FileAndHammerNeededFortools; = Whatever.

One might think that plates needed option only applies to the electric tools, also does flipping that setting remove the file and hammer requirement? The only way to find out is to actually try it I guess.

The wood thing is in the Gregtech.cfg file, under general. B:WoodNeedsSawForCrafting=false
You can also find the lower durabilities, and hunger drop when afk here. Platesneededfortools should remove the need for plates and such. Theres some other config somewhere for that, but I'm not sure.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
In the totally awesome GregTech documentation you mean?
anywhere. Reddit is where I most recently found this, these forums, YouTube, really anywhere on the Internet this couldve been solved. Without a waste of a thread.

Sent from a rich kids phone that I stole. (I'll regift it soon)

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
anywhere. Reddit is where I most recently found this, these forums, YouTube, really anywhere on the Internet this couldve been solved. Without a waste of a thread.

Because threads are expensive? Do you personally pay for them or is this thread drawing you away from the open heart surgery you were performing on a little poor kid who's parents will now have to do without because these threads are more important?

Stuff like this isn't easy to find. Especially not for someone who's native language isn't english. Any mod needs proper documentation and ESPECIALLY mods that are as overly complex as GT. While being the mod that probably needs it the most it's probably also the mod that's documented the worst. Heck, the GT wiki STILL only shows the setup for the old fusion reactor. The IC2 wiki just plain sucks (images not working, ascii art to explain stuff, it's just sloppy).

If a mod author can't be arsed to create proper documentation (AE is a good example of a very well documented mod) the author is basically saying "well F you, educating people is not my job". If you want to bitch about people not being able to figure out stuff, don't bitch at the new confused guy but go and bitch at the mod author pretty please.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Because threads are expensive? Do you personally pay for them or is this thread drawing you away from the open heart surgery you were performing on a little poor kid who's parents will now have to do without because these threads are more important?

Stuff like this isn't easy to find. Especially not for someone who's native language isn't english. Any mod needs proper documentation and ESPECIALLY mods that are as overly complex as GT. While being the mod that probably needs it the most it's probably also the mod that's documented the worst. Heck, the GT wiki STILL only shows the setup for the old fusion reactor. The IC2 wiki just plain sucks (images not working, ascii art to explain stuff, it's just sloppy).

If a mod author can't be arsed to create proper documentation (AE is a good example of a very well documented mod) the author is basically saying "well F you, educating people is not my job". If you want to bitch about people not being able to figure out stuff, don't bitch at the new confused guy but go and bitch at the mod author pretty please.

It's funny you mention people whos native language isn't English not being able to find this stuff, because both the Reddit post, and the YouTube video I got were given to me by a Dutch friend.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
It's funny you mention people whos native language isn't English not being able to find this stuff, because both the Reddit post, and the YouTube video I got were given to me by a Dutch friend.

I'm Dutch myself and we have the fortunate position that since in our country most movies etc. are dubbed we're much more constantly exposed to English than many other europeans (like Germans and French). Aside from that, we have to learn English because hardly anyone speaks Dutch. If only we hadn't sold Manhattan :)

Anyway, it doesn't matter. Not every one is good at finding information online and in the case of GregTech stuff you can't really blame them. If this annoys you it's always possible to just not post in a topic instead of being an condescending ass.