Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
Perhaps I shouldn't have even started modding to begin with, maybe that would have been a better idea, yes?
no, no. i like your style. making a good idea, getting it to a good spot, and moving on to a new great idea and handing it off/pausing development before you get to bored with it too be creative.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
My main issue with this is
a) I really liked all the content Vazkii put into it
b) We need an "official" fork. I don't want to have to choose between the ten million (slight hyperbole) different forks of Botania that are bound to happen. It'll be frustrating and a case of "This has x, so does y, but y isn't as optimized but it has z.." and such.

Vazkii

Jul 29, 2019
By the way, I didn't mean I was going to stop botania entirely. Just look away from it for a decent amount of time until I actually have something I can do with it. Perhaps I should've been clearer. I would still like that someone would fork botania and add in their own content while I'm away from it. It might just be what the mod needs as I feel like it's stagnating recently.

Vazkii

Jul 29, 2019
Oh.
That's significantly less tragic, but still sad.
In all honesty, it'd be even worse if I stuck with it now, given that I'm pretty dry on proper ideas and all I can come up with are a bunch of random unrelated items now and then that have no coherence with eachother at all. That's been pretty much every update since alhomancy in a nutshell.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
In all honesty, it'd be even worse if I stuck with it now, given that I'm pretty dry on proper ideas and all I can come up with are a bunch of random unrelated items now and then that have no coherence with eachother at all. That's been pretty much every update since alhomancy in a nutshell.

Don't worry to much about adding new content all the time. Most mod deves have a much more casual update cycle. Witchery is an anomaly in that regard. You needn't hold you self up next to such an almost impossible ideal. Many mods spend a couple of months between updates. Think of Xycraft, EE3, IC2, Buildcraft, Thermal expansion, and even vanilla MS they have gone a long time with out updates. And are only now adding more things. So, take your time. Relax a bit. Ferment those creative juices.

Just remember keep a note bad handy at all times. Good ideas will hit you when you least suspect it.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
By the way, I didn't mean I was going to stop botania entirely. Just look away from it for a decent amount of time until I actually have something I can do with it. Perhaps I should've been clearer. I would still like that someone would fork botania and add in their own content while I'm away from it. It might just be what the mod needs as I feel like it's stagnating recently.
Just look at Flaxbeard's thread for the amazing ideas, like "Make coal drop diamonds".

This is actually an idea I saw on the thread.

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
@Vazkii Honestly, other than Witchery's insanely fast update schedule, you've got one of the quickest developing mods, with very unique style and content, and good graphics to boot. Don't be so hard on yourself, but absolutely take some time for yourself if you're feeling burnt out.

Reactions: RealSketch

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
what do does "SSunde ruined the thread" mean?
SSundee made a video about the mod. Ever since then, his viewers have pretty much filled the thread with... I'll just let you see for yourself, it starts here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...rds-wondrous-steam-power-mod-beta?comment=368 (not sure about this particular post, but the video was posted 4 days ago, and so was that post).
@Vazkii Honestly, other than Witchery's insanely fast update schedule, you've got one of the quickest developing mods, with very unique style and content, and good graphics to boot. Don't be so hard on yourself, but absolutely take some time for yourself if you're feeling burnt out.
Witchery doesn't have an insanely fast update schedule...

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
geh! people forgetting to add forge, and... eh geh, "When i try to download the mod i cant play it bec its .jar wheres the download for .exe" the paiiiiiinnn

Reactions: SatanicSanta