Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

masterzh

Forum Addict
Jan 6, 2013
Slovakia
Waah yusunoha doesn't get time to check all the updates and if they've been posted and somebody doesn't like me complaining. I get that other people have already said this but jeez have some respect, this probably takes up a fair chunk of his free time.
You misread main point of my comment. I am not complaining about "checking all updates" or if they were "posted before". As Yusunoha already explained he seen useful mod and posted a news about it. Now i know that being "new" apparently also mean "just new on curseforge". I was used to get excited about "new mods" so this was rather mis-information for me. Regarding "..jeez have some respect.." i am not going to apologize for correcting someone else work.

regarding NC2, yes, it's true that there was no update to the mod itself, but I often find it worth mentioning if a popular mod becomes available on CurseForge, as it'll be alot easier for users to find the mod and keep up with it's updates. as you've noticed, I get update information from CurseForge, I used to get the news from other places aswell, but that took me alot, ALOT of time to check each day. do note that I'm not the project leader or something from this project, it's everyone's project and if people want to contribute, they can. I just check CurseForge daily and post updates from mods that I think is worth mentioning. if you feel like another mod should also be mentioned, you can post that update if you feel like it. also note, this project isn't only about mods, it's about anything concerning vanilla or modded minecraft, be it vanilla updates, mod updates, resource packs, maps, things related to the community and so on.
As i already mentioned you are doing good job. However it will be worth mentioning to name your "slogan" accordingly if you desire just to promote "new" mod (judging from ignoring actual update) on "CurseForge" which by itself is not new at all. I am highly aware of advantages of curseforge update system and i use it myself. (file uploads, which directly mean mod update) I like your updates the most, thats why i would like to not be misinformed.

Adagiovibe

Jul 29, 2019
As i already mentioned you are doing good job. However it will be worth mentioning to name your "slogan" accordingly if you desire just to promote "new" mod (judging from ignoring actual update) on "CurseForge" which by itself is not new at all. I am highly aware of advantages of curseforge update system and i use it myself. (file uploads, which directly mean mod update) I like your updates the most, thats why i would like to not be misinformed.

Suck it up. I am sure there are more people that benefit from Yusonoha's work than people like you who claim are "misinformed". The mod was simply uploaded to curseforge, a much bigger and easier to use platform. The version might not be new to you, but it damn well will be to a lot of people checking this thread. You're literally the only person right now on both threads causing a fuss over something that wasn't even a problem to begin with. Realize your childishness and move on, please.

Firebats

Jul 29, 2019
I know I'm not a mod, but I'd like to suggest that we drop this and move on before one has to step in.

This, I was going to say something last night but was too tired and not on my older account since it's better to just agree to disagree and not nitpick over the small details. In the future perhaps just say if it's the most recent update to x site you've seen and if someone has seen newer they can either say hey I've seen a newer file at x site instead of saying it isn't the most recent. Just remember even though were in the internet age not everyone operates or updates at the same speed and quite often the most recent thing isn't always the best as all video card users can attest.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Just remember even though were in the internet age not everyone operates or updates at the same speed and quite often the most recent thing isn't always the best as all video card users can attest.

I know right? AMD crashes with certain games, Nvidia fries GPUs and LCD displays. You just can't win anymore. :p

Firebats

Jul 29, 2019
I know right? AMD crashes with certain games, Nvidia fries GPUs and LCD displays. You just can't win anymore. :p

Remember when Nvidia had that unknown flaw in their cpu that burned out cards the moment you flew over Searing Gorge after a Blizzard patch put more stress on the cards? It got past QC and fried a ton of cards mine included. I couldn't raid or pvp for a month since no one knew what the issue was until it was too late.

Adagiovibe

Jul 29, 2019
Remember when Nvidia had that unknown flaw in their cpu that burned out cards the moment you flew over Searing Gorge after a Blizzard patch put more stress on the cards? It got past QC and fried a ton of cards mine included. I couldn't raid or pvp for a month since no one knew what the issue was until it was too late.
Did this happen im vanilla or after cata's graphical overhaul?

Reactions: Firebats

Firebats

Jul 29, 2019
Did this happen im vanilla or after cata's graphical overhaul?

Vanilla, it was right after blizzard updated the graphics for Searing Gorge and Badlands that it happened, it put added stress on video card processors and caused a flaw which had never been caught or shown itself to manifest and start frying cards. I've got some old screenshots saved somewhere that shows the end result. The card either slowly fried itself while crashing and then either completely died or you lost all color except yellow. It really hurt the eyes but if you ewant to pvp in Eastern Plaguelands where it was ally heavy rogues it was great. You could see anyone coming even when they were stealthed from literally miles away.

Adagiovibe

Jul 29, 2019
Vanilla, it was right after blizzard updated the graphics for Searing Gorge and Badlands that it happened, it put added stress on video card processors and caused a flaw which had never been caught or shown itself to manifest and start frying cards. I've got some old screenshots saved somewhere that shows the end result. The card either slowly fried itself while crashing and then either completely died or you lost all color except yellow. It really hurt the eyes but if you ewant to pvp in Eastern Plaguelands where it was ally heavy rogues it was great. You could see anyone coming even when they were stealthed from literally miles away.

It's awesome that years after Vanilla stories keep cropping up randomly in other forums.. :p

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013

Can't say I've ever heard of that, I just know Nvidia is currently frying GPUs with one of their latest driver updates.

Firebats

Jul 29, 2019
Can't say I've ever heard of that, I just know Nvidia is currently frying GPUs with one of their latest driver updates.

Yeah it was way before BC ever came out and it wasn't driver related surprisingly enough but a design flaw in the chip that only manifested itself once it was put under the stress of the new rendering requirements. As far as the latest update goes not really surprised at all which is why I've got auto updates turned off and I wait 2-3 months before updating now. I've lost 2 cards to that the last one is waiting shipment back to them for repair.

Reactions: TheLoneWolfling

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Yeah it was way before BC ever came out and it wasn't driver related surprisingly enough but a design flaw in the chip that only manifested itself once it was put under the stress of the new rendering requirements. As far as the latest update goes not really surprised at all which is why I've got auto updates turned off and I wait 2-3 months before updating now. I've lost 2 cards to that the last one is waiting shipment back to them for repair.

Ah, that's even worse than a driver problem. And it's definitely smart not automatically updating at this point, each update seems to cause more issues than it fixes.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Oddly enough my ZOTEC Nvidia card isn't giving me any issues, even if it's just a 700 series. (I think. Could be a 500, I'll have to check later.)

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Oddly enough my ZOTEC Nvidia card isn't giving me any issues, even if it's just a 700 series. (I think. Could be a 500, I'll have to check later.)

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Reports are that 500, 600m, and 700 series cards are having issues with being fried or burning out LCD monitors, while the 900 series has stability issues.

Firebats

Jul 29, 2019
Reports are that 500, 600m, and 700 series cards are having issues with being fried or burning out LCD monitors, while the 900 series has stability issues.

I just had too sorry lol.
LvYlWiv.jpg

Firebats

Jul 29, 2019

Do you happen to have the link for that, a few friends of mine want to know?

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, here we are. GTX 560 Ti. Brought the ZOTEC variety a few years back for an excellent price; doesn't seem to be heating up significantly, nor is my monitor behaving oddly since then. So there's probably some specifics in that article about which ones in question.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019

I remember reading an article about how Maxwell cards are by their nature unstable due to how power management works with them(every millisecond the power usage changes, with huge spikes and huge dips.) So I wouldn't be too surprised about the 900m series being unstable.