Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
+10

My kid already tries to use my computer. Mostly he just wants to figure out how to play the song Madness on youtube, but not the original Muse version, the a Capella cover by JB Craipeau. Don't ask.

He's 18 months old.
Pyure has a kid?

Wait until Pyure teaches his kid how to play Werewolf.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Which? The song Madness by Madness?

My kid probably watches or listens to this a few dozen times a day. You should see him imitate the air-guitar solo, he gets right into it.

Pyure has a kid?

Wait until Pyure teaches his kid how to play Werewolf.
That would require teaching him to lie and con people, things I don't believe in in the Real World :p

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
I just wonder whether dads in the future would do this to their children, like how modern-day fathers teach the kids football or something.

It's more like how many kids will do it to their dads. :) My eldest is 17 and has a working knowledge of Python, and my youngest is 13 and scratching his itch with robotics. Both have taken classes in programming in school, and both have this dream of creating a yet another Zombie Apocalypse mod.

My approach in assisting them in learning software development is sink or swim. I don't mind answering questions or straitening them out, but I want them to come up with what they think is a solution first. They need to understand what they are getting into and have the commitment/drive to succeed, not to mention develop the skills to find answers on their own without someone holding their hand.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
There are two skills in programming that are essential IMO, being able to learn new things quickly and understanding the logical basis of programming. By that I mean the ideas and paradigms behind programming so you can make idiomatic code

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Right now worlds created with the one are compatible with the other. But that changes as soon as one of them adds another block of course.

Also, tterag's fork is making steps in Minectaft 1.8, which is what started this drama.

CreeperShift

Dec 31, 2014
So... recently there has been a few posts with 3rd party modpack updates, are we gonna keep this up? Because then I'll post my personal pack once a month with my updates too :p

Reactions: Watchful11

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
So... recently there has been a few posts with 3rd party modpack updates, are we gonna keep this up? Because then I'll post my personal pack once a month with my updates too :p
FTB team just came back from Pax. They're not miracle workers, they need time to push out an update.

CreeperShift

Dec 31, 2014
No, addressing why FTB updates are so slow.
Great, you go talk about that with someone else,

while I'm still wondering if the overall census is that posting 3rd party updates into the "Whats new in modded minecraft" thread is accepted and will be kept up.
I don't actually care for ftb packs, last time I've played any was months ago.