Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Why is there 3 versions of Chisel for 1.7? o.o
Because static blocks are hard for people to maintain.

*shivers* Static blocks....

Either that or they're trying to set a record on most number of individual people maintaining a mod.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
kS1NJJR.png

Oh the arrogance...

Pneumaticcraft got another update:

Does Topic Nazi need to become a thing. Chill out. This used to be a friendly thread were people could add a comment or two with out getting hanged.

CreeperShift

Dec 31, 2014
Does Topic Nazi need to become a thing. Chill out. This used to be a friendly thread were people could add a comment or two with out getting hanged.
But it wasnt one or two comments back then, it was people wildly discussing things until someone stepped in to end it :D

Reactions: Padfoote

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
What's the point of updating Chisel 1 if Chisel 2 is here? ._.

I think I get it. The teck and machines being added to what was supposed to be a simple atheistic practically creative mode mod. Some of the deves don't like the mod moving into that direction and made there own that sticks to the original intent.

Reactions: TheLoneWolfling

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
But it wasnt one or two comments back then, it was people wildly discussing things until someone stepped in to end it :D

And that happened what one every few months. And the bulk of it was relevant discussion based around the original posts. That more often than not only took a single post from a mod to stop them when those few times they got out of hand.
They attempted to fix a problem that so very few had by making a new section of the forum for it. Do you remember that.
Despite most giving rational reasonable arguments as to why it would not work that convinced all but a few remaining detractors that it would not be a good idea. They still added it. And where is it now. Gone because it was never used.

Now looking at that thread do you know what I see. What was once a lively thread that collected information and rumors fro all over is practically dead. It's a boring thread that no one wants to bother posting to.

If you want to keep the thread alive stop killing the posts. Just suggest that posters add a #NewMod or #ModUpdate tags to the thread. That would make them easy to search through and fare better for everyone involved.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
And that happened what one every few months. And the bulk of it was relevant discussion based around the original posts. That more often than not only took a single post from a mod to stop them when those few times they got out of hand.
They attempted to fix a problem that so very few had by making a new section of the forum for it. Do you remember that.
Despite most giving rational reasonable arguments as to why it would not work that convinced all but a few remaining detractors that it would not be a good idea. They still added it. And where is it now. Gone because it was never used.

Now looking at that thread do you know what I see. What was once a lively thread that collected information and rumors fro all over is practically dead. It's a boring thread that no one wants to bother posting to.

If you want to keep the thread alive stop killing the posts. Just suggest that posters add a #NewMod or #ModUpdate tags to the thread. That would make them easy to search through and fare better for everyone involved.
No, only you people who kept on posting constantly posted to the thread cluttering it up thought nothing was wrong. There were several points where an entire page would be made up of you just chatting. This aggravated a lot of the rest of us which is why you got reported so much, you had the privilege of leniency and then you abused it until you couldn't be trusted with it.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013

Okay, so stepping in to provide a moderator view of the recent change as well as a user view from before I became a moderator. That thread was awful. If you wanted news you had to dig for pages to find it, often through off topic discussion. The few posts that were on topic weren't too bad, but those always caused the discussion to devolve into some debate that had nothing to do with the news being posted. Go back a few hundred pages and take a look if you don't believe me. I found five pages that were all off-topic discussion yesterday while looking for something.

When I went through the mod training I asked specifically about the news thread and moving discussion over here. We decided to push this thread into the same subforum as the news thread to keep it easily accessible for everyone. No posts have been deleted since then unless they violated forum rules (and I can't remember any that have in the news thread recently). Posts only get moved here when they're discussion. No one is preventing anyone from having discussions about recent events, we just want it done here. If it isn't, not a big deal, we'll move it here.

CreeperShift

Dec 31, 2014
Okay, so stepping in to provide a moderator view of the recent change as well as a user view from before I became a moderator. That thread was awful. If you wanted news you had to dig for pages to find it, often through off topic discussion. The few posts that were on topic weren't too bad, but those always caused the discussion to devolve into some debate that had nothing to do with the news being posted. Go back a few hundred pages and take a look if you don't believe me. I found five pages that were all off-topic discussion yesterday while looking for something.

When I went through the mod training I asked specifically about the news thread and moving discussion over here. We decided to push this thread into the same subforum as the news thread to keep it easily accessible for everyone. No posts have been deleted since then unless they violated forum rules (and I can't remember any that have in the news thread recently). Posts only get moved here when they're discussion. No one is preventing anyone from having discussions about recent events, we just want it done here. If it isn't, not a big deal, we'll move it here.

Exactly this^ 100% agree.

I actually love discussing things, but I was so annoyed back then because I came to the thread to find out updates, news or if anything interested had happened in the modding scene. Refreshing the page a few hours later just to reveal 8 new posts that are all just people talking about how awesome this new botania flower is wasn't exactly exciting or made me happy. Only those who were constantly discussing in that thread were the ones not happy about the change (let's be serious, most of the time it was the same people commenting on every posted update).

While I think that the RED thread isn't the best way because it's pretty disconnected from the actual thread, I don't see how FTB is going to recode Xenforo to allow us to comment on mod updates similar to a blog (which would be the best way to do it imho, discussion on the actual thread, but without disrupting the flow of it, something like a small text saying "Show 5 Comments").

CreeperShift

Dec 31, 2014
And Extra Utilities just got an update!

Extra Utilities 1.2.11 (by RWTema)
+ Added Mini-chests (smaller chests with only one slot)

+ Added Slightly-larger chests (standard 27-slot chests that are full blocks and don't connect to neighbours)

- Fixed Builders wand eternally right-clicking the same location.

Oh yeah, this thing about Chisel 3
http://gfycat.com/ReadyOccasionalBasilisk

Everyone is adding chests these days D: . Gonna be like when we had 6 different coffees.

@ RED
Tbh, it's not extremely hard to hit +Quote, then insert the quote in the RED thread instead of the actual thread. Takes about 5 seconds longer and the discussion can take place there just fine.

(hint: this wasn't moved :p)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Reika has released v8 of his Mods for Minecraft 1.7.10
  • DragonAPI: Refactored most interfaces
  • DragonAPI: Added SoundVolumeEvent
  • DragonAPI: Added SoundPitchEvent
  • DragonAPI: Added CloudRenderEvent
  • DragonAPI: Added ProfileEvent
  • DragonAPI: Added PlayMusicEvent
  • DragonAPI: Greatly expanded the power of BlockReplaceCommand
  • DragonAPI: Sound handling now supports attenuation control
  • DragonAPI: Fixed Forestry recipe helper
  • DragonAPI: Fixed Bee handling via Forestry API
  • DragonAPI: Added JVM argument to specify recursion depth (only use if you know what you are doing)
  • DragonAPI: Fixed MIDI Handling
  • DragonAPI: Mesa biome now counts as hot
  • DragonAPI: Fixed ProjectE handling
  • DragonAPI: MTInteractionManager no longer runs in SSP
  • DragonAPI: Fixed WAILA tooltip duplication
  • DragonAPI: Fixed WAILA identifying some vanilla blocks as DragonAPI
  • DragonAPI: Fixed the above blocks from appearing in NEI
  • DragonAPI: Greatly expanded music handling
  • DragonAPI: Redesigned Configuration Handling, is now modular
  • DragonAPI: Added TiC material interfacing code
  • DragonAPI: Added option to reroute ModLoggers to a separate file; multithreaded its I/O for maximum performance
  • DragonAPI: Added Structure Renderer
  • DragonAPI: Added PianoWheel and PianoKeyboard objects
  • DragonAPI: Added some basic encryption functionality
  • DragonAPI: Added FluidHashMap
  • DragonAPI: Added some basic AI functions
  • DragonAPI: SensitiveRegistry now handles MatterOverdrive
  • DragonAPI: Added FluxedCrystals crop handling
  • DragonAPI: Fixed Mekanism/MekTools handling
  • DragonAPI: Fixed MystCraft handling
  • DragonAPI: Added Draconium to ModOreList
  • ChromatiCraft: Added two new structures to the dimension
  • ChromatiCraft: Added the monument to the dimension
  • ChromatiCraft: Changed structure generation code to "reuse" structure types until all 16 variants have been fully implemented (this makes endgame CC available now rather than later, at the cost of having to complete each structure type more than once)
  • ChromatiCraft: Pylon and repeater turbocharging is now accessible
  • ChromatiCraft: Filled in missing lexicon/tooltip entries
  • ChromatiCraft: Added Lumen Turret
  • ChromatiCraft: Added Crystal Orchestra
  • ChromatiCraft: Excavation wand no longer drops items in creative mode
  • ChromatiCraft: Added "Elemental Sonar" ability
  • ChromatiCraft: Added "Enhanced Transferrence" ability
  • ChromatiCraft: Magnetism now ensures others cannot pick up "magnetized" drops
  • ChromatiCraft: Added new dimension worldgen
  • ChromatiCraft: Fixed some lexicon rendering issues
  • ChromatiCraft: Fixed regen pendants not working
  • ChromatiCraft: Fixed Lumen Tree ley line pathfinding
  • ChromatiCraft: Fixed the "beam across the map" render bug with energy transfer
  • ChromatiCraft: Added custom music to the dimension
  • ChromatiCraft: Slimes are now more common in Rainbow Forests
  • ChromatiCraft: Aura Locus is now obtainable
  • ChromatiCraft: Repeaters can now be "sneak popped" like Tile Accelerators
  • ChromatiCraft: Added an option to make crystal network pathfinding attempt shorter paths
  • ChromatiCraft: Lighted Leaves now give off glowing seeds
  • ChromatiCraft: Lighted Trees now have saplings
  • ChromatiCraft: Fixed Lumen Lamp control issues
  • ChromatiCraft: Added Energy Focus
  • ChromatiCraft: Reach boost no longer disables Construction, Excavation, and Replication wand overlays
  • ChromatiCraft: Fixed NPEs when trying to pathfind in a world where a null player exists in the player list
  • ChromatiCraft: Added Crystal Altar
  • ChromatiCraft: Added Ethereal Door
  • ChromatiCraft: Players without sufficient progress can no longer enter the dimension, no matter the means
  • ChromatiCraft: Players joining the dimension underground generate in a bubble of shielding cloak
  • ChromatiCraft: Added "get Tank Fraction" Lua Method for Crystal Tank
  • ChromatiCraft: Made "Bees" fragment nongating
  • ChromatiCraft: Entering a dimension structure now displays a text overlay
  • ChromatiCraft: Made tinted lenses cheaper
  • ChromatiCraft: Crystal dings now have a larger pitch range
  • ChromatiCraft: ME Distributor now renders properly in the inventory
  • ChromatiCraft: TC Node integration now available
  • ChromatiCraft: Improved Guardian Stone TESR performance
  • ChromatiCraft: Improved Biome Painter TESR performance
  • ChromatiCraft: Greatly improved Crystal Tank TESR performance
  • ChromatiCraft: Improved Warp Glass
  • ChromatiCraft: Added World Rift Chunkloading option
  • ChromatiCraft: Added API hooks to allow mods to get research states
  • ChromatiCraft: Fixed recipe rune rendering
  • ChromatiCraft: Fixed RF Distributor StackOverflowError if distributing to another distributor
  • ChromatiCraft: Added an option for pylons to chunkload themselves once used
  • ChromatiCraft: Fixed Guardian Stone breaking with FakePlayers
  • ChromatiCraft: Fixed crystal tank spamming SyncPackets if continuously toggling fluid types
  • ChromatiCraft: Structures no longer display with PneumatiCraft's helmet
  • ChromatiCraft: Ruskea crystals now account for HungerOverhaul
  • ChromatiCraft: "All runes" lexicon page now only shows runes of used recipes
  • ChromatiCraft: Fixed Biome Painter serverside crash
  • ChromatiCraft: Fixed dimension not rendering blocks without Optifine
  • ElectriCraft: Fixed I/O render issues
  • ElectriCraft: Fixed ores all having the same harvest level
  • ElectriCraft: Fixed some wire pathing oddities (such as Int.MAX voltage with zero current)
  • ExpandedRedstone: Analog Wireless channels are now player-specific
  • ExpandedRedstone: Item Effector can now use flint-and-steel
  • ExpandedRedstone: Fixed Camouflage Block WAILA display
  • GeoStrata: Added chisel support (?)
  • MeteorCraft: Meteor sounds no longer attenuate with distance
  • MeteorCraft: Meteors no longer penetrate unbreakable blocks
  • MeteorCraft: Fixed thorium ore generating in the wrong meteor type
  • ReactorCraft: Fixed Gendustry handling
  • ReactorCraft: Added multiblock display
  • ReactorCraft: Made Neutron Irradiation Chamber and Neutron Reflector carry heat
  • ReactorCraft: Fixed I/O issues
  • ReactorCraft: Chunkloading option now affects fusion reactors
  • ReactorCraft: Active tokamaks now glow
  • ReactorCraft: Fixed some HTGR inventory feeding oddities
  • ReactorCraft: Waste containers and drums now feed waste downwards
  • ReactorCraft: Fixed Tile Accelerator not working on waste drum properly
  • ReactorCraft: Steam lines now know the relative fractions of the "source" reactor types and act accordingly
  • ReactorCraft: Fixed HP turbine sync issues
  • ReactorCraft: Implemented the foundation for some radiation shielding mechanic (not yet implemented)
  • ReactorCraft: Fixed ore harvest levels
  • ReactorCraft: Radiation cleaner is now available in survival
  • ReactorCraft: Added "disable if already present" options for Cadmium and Indium
  • ReactorCraft: Fixed Reactor CPU sync issues
  • ReactorCraft: Fixed Fusion Highlighter item render issues
  • ReactorCraft: Carbide recipe now uses oreDict coal dust
  • ReactorCraft: Improved steam diffuser yield 1000x (mB issue)
  • RotaryCraft: Added "no drops" NBT tag for mapmakers to allow for individual machines to be unharvestable
  • RotaryCraft: Fixed PulseJet consuming accelerant uselessly and not displaying the amount in Lua
  • RotaryCraft: Fixed Extractor not accepting custom ore flakes via automation
  • RotaryCraft: Added fluix crystal/dust grinder recipe
  • RotaryCraft: Updated lexicon
  • RotaryCraft: Loosened recipe code, partially implemented
  • RotaryCraft: Made AutoCrafter profiling configurable
  • RotaryCraft: Made Microturbine require inductive metal
  • RotaryCraft: Made Performance Engine require Aluminum Alloy
  • RotaryCraft: Butterflies no longer damage jet engines
  • RotaryCraft: Jet engines can no longer apply suction through walls
  • RotaryCraft: BC gates should no longer be able to see the Extractor's drill
  • RotaryCraft: Grinder now uses oreDict for netherrack dust/tar sand
  • RotaryCraft: Fixed industrial coils acting like they had 20x their energy for torque requirement calculations
  • RotaryCraft: Fixed I/O issues
  • RotaryCraft: Bedrock shears no longer harvest some plants directly
  • RotaryCraft: AA gun now targets BC robots
  • RotaryCraft: Added (unbreakable) bedrock TiC tools
  • RotaryCraft: Item Sorter can now interface with inventories
  • RotaryCraft: Fixed ammonium recipe using the wrong redstone OreDict tag
  • RotaryCraft: BaitBox rewritten, hopefully more performant and functional
  • RotaryCraft: Jetpack is now repairable
  • RotaryCraft: Containment field now captures Clay Soldiers
  • RotaryCraft: Fixed API-flywheel issues, fixes exploits with some handlers (like AE power interface)
  • RotaryCraft: Some handbook entries now have multiple subpages for additional info
  • RotaryCraft: Fixed MaterialRegistry gearUnit function returning wrong items
  • RotaryCraft: Improved solar mirror performance
  • RotaryCraft: Added manasteel and thaumium to Blast Furnace Gating Materials
  • RotaryCraft: Fixed shaft junction "semi connection" causing false-positive spam detection and failure
  • Void Monster: Now picks a random player to track
Already mentioned 3 posts ago, friend :)