Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Not quite about modded Minecraft, but I got this asked today about an old diagram I drew when I was redesigning ReactorCraft to be more realistic (i.e. implement a Rankine cycle):
"why are some boxes square and others not-square?"
(Also, that handwriting...)
yjES1DX.png

Hyperme

Popular Member
Apr 3, 2013
Minecraft's a good game, its just...honestly, its just in the hands of the wrong people. People that focus more on pointless fluff features instead of actually improving upon their designs; also known as the exact opposite of doing it right.

'Focus' implies some kind of plan or goal. There are attempts to improve the design, but instead of doing it in one large push, improvements/changes are being released somewhat randomly. We've gone from no IDs (yay!) to suddenly models are different (unyay). Then on the fluff side there are rabbits and new cobble. Woo.

Really, the main root of the problem seems to be Mojang's seemingly obsessive need to destroy the games industry constantly push updates for what is allegedly a finished product. I could elaborate on how is terrible, but it's probably out of the scope of this thread.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
'Focus' implies some kind of plan or goal. There are attempts to improve the design, but instead of doing it in one large push, improvements/changes are being released somewhat randomly. We've gone from no IDs (yay!) to suddenly models are different (unyay). Then on the fluff side there are rabbits and new cobble. Woo.

Really, the main root of the problem seems to be Mojang's seemingly obsessive need to destroy the games industry constantly push updates for what is allegedly a finished product. I could elaborate on how is terrible, but it's probably out of the scope of this thread.

I don't really mind the update cycles, minus the obviously bad ideas like the JSON models. That's all well and good, and shows that the company cares about its product and, to a certain degree, its user base. However, Mojang's shotgun approach, as opposed to that of a finely-tuned rifle, means they don't always hit what they need to hit. As they say, "the road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
They really should just have a config features to enable/disable all of the features in every update
Things like certain blocks are easy. Major engine rewrites? Not so much.
And how to enforce client/server agreement?

Also, ongoing on my forum thread, starting here and continuing to the last post:
User "Gadt" had the .jar.zip error (where the jars get .zip appended to their filenames, causing them to fail to load), and has since blamed me for the error, criticized me for requiring that he read documentation, criticized me for refusing to concede to his demands (actual quote: "Darling, you will lick the customers **** if he asks ;)."), and all in all is making an ass of himself. Enjoy while the posts are still here, though I am screenshotting them as he is likely to end up on the wall of shame.

Please do not report them. I love it when this sort of thing happens, as it is just one more example for me.

Also around the same section is another user "ArchNihil" asking to use RC in a pack, saying he would remove the recipe for HSLA steel and bedrock, and then require the rules quoted at him like 8 times before realizing the problem (he was skimming and read the section for non-techtree mods in nonpublic packs), only to say he is going to do it anyways and "I won" and "nothing you do can stop me".

Last edited:

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Also around the same section is another user "ArchNihil" asking to use RC in a pack, saying he would remove the recipe for HSLA steel and bedrock, and then require the rules quoted at him like 8 times before realizing the problem, only to say he is going to do it anyways and "I won" and "nothing you do can stop me".
ArchNihil said:
@Reika.
I came to apologize.
[...]
I'm still gonna make whatever I want to do with your mod though. Don't you worry about that. [...]
*facepalm*

Reactions: 1SDAN

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
Things like certain blocks are easy. Major engine rewrites? Not so much.
And how to enforce client/server agreement?

Also, ongoing on my forum thread, starting here and continuing to the last post:
User "Gadt" had the .jar.zip error (where the jars get .zip appended to their filenames, causing them to fail to load), and has since blamed me for the error, criticized me for requiring that he read documentation, criticized me for refusing to concede to his demands (actual quote: "Darling, you will lick the customers **** if he asks ;)."), and all in all is making an ass of himself. Enjoy while the posts are still here, though I am screenshotting them as he is likely to end up on the wall of shame.

Please do not report them. I love it when this sort of thing happens, as it is just one more example for me.

Also around the same section is another user "ArchNihil" asking to use RC in a pack, saying he would remove the recipe for HSLA steel and bedrock, and then require the rules quoted at him like 8 times before realizing the problem (he was skimming and read the section for non-techtree mods in nonpublic packs), only to say he is going to do it anyways and "I won" and "nothing you do can stop me".
They're removed.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Yes, ArchNihil also has the dubious distinction of being responsible for me putting in more Minetweaker enforcement code (namely to prevent exactly what he is doing), rather the opposite of his intended result.

They're removed.
I still see them. Are you sure you are looking the right place? They are spread over 4 pages and interspersed with other discussions.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
1-2 of the earliest ones are. The newer ones still exist.
What did they say? I see every one I remember, including the first, my response, and his response.

Also, another lovely quote (from the same lick your <use your imagination> post):
No, they [mod devs] dont [work for free]. Realy, they dont. Darling, get it, they realy dont do :). Reasons:

1. Fame / Need of attention
2. References / advertising their skills for e.g. applications in the (gaming) industrie
3. Their own children / Friends / Slaves&Masters
4. ....be creative....

Reactions: 1SDAN
Status
Not open for further replies.