Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
It seems like the moderators know exactly what happens here at all times. They're watching us! NSA! But really, I guess the moderators are watching this thread a little bit extra.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Aren't you supposed to slay us? :p
Anyways, you're right...
Well, I mean, if you insist I can do so. I'm not that exacting as long as I know we'll end up back on topic eventually and people are having a good time, the primary peeve for me is dealing with posts that have basically no topic and end up being report factories because there's something to offend everybody in there.

Reactions: Flipz

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Some quotes from the comments section of 5 reasons to hate Minecraft:

As a game developer for mobile, PC, and consoles, I noticed something really important over time. I didn't notice it at first because I figured I was the problem here, which I guess I am. Anyway, I noticed that you either have to make a really, really, REALLY [shifty] game, or a full-on, AAA, million-dollar masterpiece in order to be successful. Why? Because people don't like anything in the middle. They either have to have complete [shift] and like it only because of how bad it is, kind of like 'Chocolate Rain', or like it because they actually like it.

Here's what I did when I first played Minecraft: I walked around wondering what the fuck I was supposed to do. Then I dug some [dung] up, started building some crap, then realized that it was taking fucking forever. Then I downloaded a server and a map editor, got a lot of players on the server, etc. Then I was turning all of my real electronics into Minecraft electronics. THEN I realized I'm wasting my fucking time and I should be working.

Honestly, if you think this is the best game ever, then you're [sitting] on all of the incredible artists, engineers, and programmers out there because this game is literally for one simple, simple mentality usually found in teenagers, females who write 'nerd' on their hand, and children. However, there's one very positive thing I got from you people, and that's incredibly wealthy. Well, wealthier than I've ever been anyway. So please, keep playing these [amazing] games.
1. [Angry Duck Fu] Angry Kid.
2. You're addicted to this Mine[Angry Duck].
3. Leave Minecraft before it will be too late and you'll lost your mind and all skills you learned.
4. I played Minecraft a lot (around 1 year) and I say: This is boring, I lost my childhood on playing the most shit i ever played and I say: MINE[Angry Duck] IS [Made of Bathhouse Material]!
5. Bye, Mine[Clucking Chicken].
your example of counter strike is invalid as it has an actual objective (plant/defuse the bomb). Minecraft has no objective...
notch is a FAT, UGLY PIECE OF [Camomile Soup] WHO HAD A MARRIAGE TO SOMEONE WHOSE NICK IS EZ (EASY?). Sorry, I misused the word marriage. "Was married" is more what i meant. She probably liked the game, sought him, [Hugged] him for his money, agreed to marry him because he needs to be able to tell people he isn't a [Superhero] anymore, which is probably why the "marriage" ended so quickly because she didn't want to [Lick] the ugly fat [Clown Intestine]. Make a [Horrible] game that doesn't LAG you fat [Fatty] and make my 10 year old cry. i have a laptop that runs complex games, but not the rudimentary MINECRA[R]??!!!???? JAVA???? REALLYYYY????!!!! FAt [He keeps saying this]. So [Censorship makes the world go 'round] user unfriendly and for reasons other than described in this article. FAT [I'm getting tired on censoring this idiot] [Wow... just used the same swear back to back in place of an actual insult] Worst 27 dollars ever spent EVER I'm selling my account for half that if you want it. I'M DONE

(NOTE: I just noticed this is over 3 years old...)

Reactions: Vasa and PierceSG

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I mean, if you insist I can do so. I'm not that exacting as long as I know we'll end up back on topic eventually and people are having a good time, the primary peeve for me is dealing with posts that have basically no topic and end up being report factories because there's something to offend everybody in there.
No, you don't have to. I still think you're watching this thread a bit extra...

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I do have to concede one point that...frothing, incompetent malcontent put forth: for how simplistic it is, Minecraft's performance is lacklustre at the best of times. Okay, and one other point: I highly doubt Mojang actually knows what its doing and instead spends its time beating its collective head against the wall until random ideas fall out.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
I do have to concede one point that...frothing, incompetent malcontent put forth: for how simplistic it is, Minecraft's performance is lacklustre at the best of times. Okay, and one other point: I highly doubt Mojang actually knows what its doing and instead spends its time beating its collective head against the wall until random ideas fall out.
Can you actually link me to something explaining why the Minecraft code is so bad? When I try and research it it just comes up with support topics.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Can you actually link me to something explaining why the Minecraft code is so bad? When I try and research it it just comes up with support topics.

Two examples I remember from the BTW community, not sure if these are still issues or if I'm remembering the details correctly:

Sounds have a tendency to "stack up" when moving quickly through the nether, causing a continuous lag buildup.
The mob pathfinding to find minetracks is based upon the render type of the block, which means it constantly scans every block's render type in a certain radius.

Reactions: Vasa

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Two examples I remember from the BTW community, not sure if these are still issues or if I'm remembering the details correctly:

Sounds have a tendency to "stack up" when moving quickly through the nether, causing a continuous lag buildup.
The mob pathfinding to find minetracks is based upon the render type of the block, which means it constantly scans every block's render type in a certain radius.
Wouldn't the first be easy to fix just by having a clear function? And why not have a signature in the minetrack class that would let mobs know?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Wouldn't the first be easy to fix just by having clear function? And why have a signature in the minetrack class that would let mobs know?

I have no idea on either of them. It's been a while since those issues were discovered and the details were never really shared in great detail.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
I have no idea on either of them. It's been a while since those issues were discovered and the details were never really shared in great detail.
Thanks anyway, it just surprises me how so many people just bash the hell out of Mojang's code, but it has ended up being the most modded and versatile game of all time.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
lots of people claim skyrim gets that throne. (i vote for MC :p)
I vote for Civ V. Sure, the game itself isn't so fun, but with 300% increased tech costs, various AI boosts, building packs and a handful of new Civs, I could keep playing forever. And then there's Beyond Earth

EDIT: Thought we were talking about games that are most fun with mods... Still saying Civ V is pretty moddable though, XML for simple mods, LUA and SQL if you're getting serious and DLL if you're insane. XD

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
The _do_do example earlier is one such example. The mess of how various things actually work - especially anything render-related - is another.

Another example are these gems:

An object that tells the code it is never equal to another, even itself:
Code:
public boolean equals(Object o) {
return false;
}

If the sound manager fails to load a file:
Code:
  try
  {
  return new URL((URL)null, s, urlstreamhandler);
  }
  catch (MalformedURLException malformedurlexception)
  {
  throw new Error("TODO: Sanely handle url exception! :D");
  }

Another sound-loading-related crash:
Code:
  switch (SoundHandler.SwitchType.field_148765_a[soundentry.getSoundEntryType().ordinal()])
  {
  case 1:
--code--
  break;
  case 2:
--code--
  break;
  default:
  throw new IllegalStateException("IN YOU FACE");
  }

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
People find Skyrim (and for f***s sake, stop auto correcting Skyrim to Syria!) fun?

I have tried giving the Elder Scrolls series a chance but I have never found them fun.

For minecraft, I regretted that I didn't start when I first saw it. My first reaction back then was, "What a piece of shit this is!" (Only seen screen shots, didn't play it nor even saw videos of it before I judged it...)

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
The _do_do example earlier is one such example. The mess of how various things actually work - especially anything render-related - is another.

Another example are these gems:

An object that tells the code it is never equal to another, even itself:
Code:
public boolean equals(Object o) {
return false;
}

If the sound manager fails to load a file:
Code:
  try
  {
  return new URL((URL)null, s, urlstreamhandler);
  }
  catch (MalformedURLException malformedurlexception)
  {
  throw new Error("TODO: Sanely handle url exception! :D");
  }

Another sound-loading-related crash:
Code:
  switch (SoundHandler.SwitchType.field_148765_a[soundentry.getSoundEntryType().ordinal()])
  {
  case 1:
--code--
  break;
  case 2:
--code--
  break;
  default:
  throw new IllegalStateException("IN YOU FACE");
  }
That's interesting... I know one day I'll end up making a game and completely screw up the code. >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.