Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
The problem is, many of the posts in this thread are of people being lazy - which they are always at fault for - or cases where a reasonable person would realize the mistake.
^
My opinion is that people need to put in at least some effort, even if it be minimal

Reactions: CoolSquid

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
By the way, this is actual worldgen in orespawn. ARGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EDIT: Orespawn adds a mob that drops one of EVERY. SINGLE. BLOCK. AND. ITEM. IN. THE. GAME. Including technical blocks, Reactorcraft nuclear waste, and reactorcraft corium. It also adds about 7 different dimensions, all of which will lag even a good server, and which would KILL my box. It also has no sense of balance. /rant
Sounds like it could be fun. Once.

Reactions: 1M Industries

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
"If I quote a 3 year old post my unrelated stupid question will appear smart"

upload_2015-1-17_10-2-22.png

Reactions: Padfoote

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
No. He just removed the Forestry API from the jar, not touching Reika's classes.
This can sometimes fix problems if DragonAPI has an outdated version of the API.
Oh okay... that's at least less strange

C

chbachman

Oh okay... that's at least less strange
Actually, it's a pretty common fix when a mod author is including outdated apis. However, mod authors should not be including them, but to each his own.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Actually, it's a pretty common fix when a mod author is including outdated apis. However, mod authors should not be including them, but to each his own.
I am unfortunately forced to include some of them, including BuildCraft, CoFH, Waila, OpenComputers, and Minechem because of classloading errors. Basically, even if I use @Optional or @Strippable to remove implementation of interfaces, some of them still cause NoClassDefFound errors on the missing class. More strangely, for those classes, if DragonAPI is installed, unless it contains the APIs, even the parent mods cannot find their own APIs in their own jars! Noone thus far has any hint as to why this is, and the only lead I have is that my mods are being loaded with the wrong classloader (LaunchClassLoader instead of the mod classloader), but that is entirely beyond my control.

Reactions: 1SDAN and chbachman
C

chbachman

Plot twist: The "'LITTLE' secret" is actually real and, more importantly, actually something Notch doesn't want revealed! Dun dun dun!

Unlikely, but you never know. Notch isn't exactly a paragon of virtue.
I know the secret. He sold out to Microsoft. :p

Reactions: 1SDAN

Utopiaman

Jul 29, 2019
There are two kinds of people who write "Sorry I'm not native English":
The ones who write almost flawless English, and the ones who don't even try.
I'm both ; I learned Russian and English at the same time too bad I have completely forgotten Russian :(

Edit: what Irc would I join?

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
There are two kinds of people who write "Sorry I'm not native English":
The ones who write almost flawless English, and the ones who don't even try.
Kinda wondering whether my English is flawless or not... Am I trying?

Status
Not open for further replies.