Really fast water generation

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

meuqsaco

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, is there anyway to generate water faster than an aqueous accumulator with 2 water source blocks around it? I need a lot of water for the new salination plant of Mekanism, but I don't want a lot of machines to do so.

Do you guys have any idea? I'm using a modified monster pack, btw.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Extra Utilities (if it's in Monster, can't remember) is able to generate quite a bit of water with full speed and mining upgrades. And by quite a bit, I mean run a full size salination plant with just one node.

Reactions: meuqsaco

meuqsaco

Jul 29, 2019
Extra Utilities (if it's in Monster, can't remember) is able to generate quite a bit of water with full speed and mining upgrades. And by quite a bit, I mean run a full size salination plant with just one node.

That is great! I'll try it and give a feedback in a few. Thanks!

Reactions: Padfoote

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Usually just make one of these early on:
ZUAUb23.png

24 AAs with an Ender tank in the middle. "Wireless" water for all my machines in just one block.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
You have no idea how much water a salination plant takes
As far as I understand it, it all depends on the size of the plant. I believe a medium sized salination plant would be fine running of the setup I linked.

And it is modular and extremely cheap to make so you can just add several clusters more onto it. The Endertank themselves have no throughput limit.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
As far as I understand it, it all depends on the size of the plant. I believe a medium sized salination plant would be fine running of the setup I linked.

And it is modular and extremely cheap to make so you can just add several clusters more onto it. The Endertank themselves have no throughput limit.
You still have to get the water out of the tank. Ender tanks auto outputs only 16 buckets a second and the requirements of a large salination plant far outdo that

beauedwards1991

Jul 29, 2019
Ako built a salination plant on his RR videos, he started with 36 aqueous accumulators per plant, before realising the extra utilities solution was much better.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
You still have to get the water out of the tank. Ender tanks auto outputs only 16 buckets a second and the requirements of a large salination plant far outdo that
So then use multiple outputs for the one system.
But the ExU idea seems ideal, honestly.

Reactions: Not_Steve

meuqsaco

Jul 29, 2019
Hah, I just realized the biome my salination plant is on has a very low multiplier(0.2x) so I'll have to move it or make multiple small plants.

I tried to find an option in the config to change the multiplier, but couldn't find. Does anyone know how to change it? Otherwise I'll have to either change the biome to Magical Forest which gives me a better multiplier or move it to a desert and have a tesseract send the brine to my base.

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, is there anyway to generate water faster than an aqueous accumulator with 2 water source blocks around it? I need a lot of water for the new salination plant of Mekanism, but I don't want a lot of machines to do so.

Do you guys have any idea? I'm using a modified monster pack, btw.

Just my limited experience, I found this solution thru web searching because the AA wasn't feeding my IC2Exp Ore Washing Station water at a fast enough rate with all the overclockers I had in the machine.

So the solution I found said to put a Buildcraft pump at one corner of a 3x3x1deep pool of water (just put a bucket at any 3 corners to make it), and that will pump water a lot faster than the AA can. Not sure if that will be fast enough for what you're doing but it worked for me.

Edit: And now you've got me intrigued... salination plant? brine? Time for me to go try out the Monster pack!! :)

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Extra utilities liquid transfer node can keep up with anything if given enough speed and mining upgrades.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Usually just make one of these early on:
ZUAUb23.png

24 AAs with an Ender tank in the middle. "Wireless" water for all my machines in just one block.

Nothing I love seeing more than 'practical' and 'beautiful' combined into one structure. Symmetry is always beautiful. Thanks for sharing, def using that from now on in my bases instead of a big gigantic railcraft tank filled with water that always looks kinda derpy to me. hahaha

Colossis

Jul 29, 2019
In my testing, 1 liquid transfer node with 16 speed and 16 mining upgrades can keep up with a full sized salination plant at 2.0 efficiency. It seems that the mining upgrade is the important thing

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
Try tossing a single stack upgrade in as well. That will let it dump its buffer in a single tick once it locates a valid destination.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
In my testing, 1 liquid transfer node with 16 speed and 16 mining upgrades can keep up with a full sized salination plant at 2.0 efficiency. It seems that the mining upgrade is the important thing

I believe each mining upgrade counts as if another entity is doing the task.
so for water it'd be anoter extra bucket of water each tick and for cobblestone another extra cobblestone per tick

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
Me personally 5 stacks of world interaction upgrades and 1 stack of speed upgrades connected to a tesseract. Just connect another tesseract to a setup needing water and never worry that you won't have enough you can't get rid of the water fast enough.

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
Id think to use a massive amount of EnderIO reserviors, set to infinite water, and use a lot of extracells fluid import/export buses.