Realistic Tech FTB Pack?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

etfocontrol

Jul 8, 2013
Hi. I was wondering what the most realistic/most like real life FTB pack is. For example if you wanted to make steel you needed a big building with melting containers. Kind of like this:
Steel_2.gif

Now I understand that this is Minecraft, so this might not be possible, so basically I'm looking for realistic tech with more multiblock big structures, that require huge factories like in real life. Thx.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hi etfocontrol, I don't know of any mods that support "big" molten liquid mechanics.

You're probably familiar with Tinkers Construct? Its the closest, it supports a large (multi-block) smeltery. It allows you to pour liquid down channels into numerous casting basins/molding tables. Virtually every pack in the universe (which doesn't have GT or Rotarycraft) probably has Tinkers Construct in it.

Some aspects of Immersive Engineering would be the next closest. It doesn't have large-scale smeltering specifically, but everything about it is large scale. I'm definitely thinking packs featuring this mod would appeal to you.

We'd need to know more about what sort of experience you're looking for to narrow down pack options from there.

Couple questions:
1) What mods are you comfortable/familiar with?
2) What mods do you really want to play with?
3) Have you used Gregtech before and are you comfortable with it?
4) Are you OK if a pack has any magical elements to it? Some packs that are well balanced with tech also feature Thaumcraft or Botania or some such, and these are magical mods (that are technical in nature)

Reactions: Padfoote

etfocontrol

Jul 8, 2013
1) I am familiar/comfortable with Tinkers Construct, Thermal Expansion, Mekanism, ComputerCraft, Buildcraft, IC2, MFFS, GregTech, Twilight Forest, XYCraft, RedPower, AppliedEnergistics2, MineFactory, Pam's and a couple more.
2) I would really like to play with EnderIO, DraconicEvolution, ImmersiveEvolution, StevesCarts/FactoryManager(IDK if you need both) and Railcraft.
3) I have used GregTech before and I am comfortable with it.
4) I am okay with magical mods, but I don't really like Thaumcraft, but other mods like Ars Magica, Botania and others are good.
Thanks.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I don't think there's a strictly FTB pack that really suits you. Which is interesting because you and I have similar tastes. Perhaps we need more tech-heavy packs?

Try Crackpack or perhaps even FTB Horizons: Daybreaker.

If you can tolerate a higher level of magic mods, including TC, you could try FTB Infinity: Expert mode. It has most of your wishlist (minus some Steve's mods I believe). Be warned that this is a grindy pack (in a mostly good way).

etfocontrol

Jul 8, 2013
Thanks for the reply. Hmm.. maybe I'll make my own pack :)
Also, are you allowed to suggest non-FTB packs on this forum? Because I'm open to other launchers.