ReactorCraft Question

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

zeus5966

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

I was wondering with the Fusion Reactor in Reactorcraft, right now I'm building a fusion reactor in creative as a sort of proof of concept/see what is most efficient. I'm having an issue actually controlling the plasma within the electromagnets. I have tons of power going through them, they are all pointed towards the solenoid and the solenoid is spinning at double it's minimum torque and a little above it's minimum rad/s.

I've built it to specs as of Reiko's tutorial on youtube.

I don't yet have anything to harness the power from the boilers as of yet however I figured it wouldn't be quite necessary if I'm creative and testing the waters. Am I wrong?

Thanks for any pointers or tips in this matter, I appreciate it.

Also I'd love to see some designs to give me ideas.

zeus5966

Jul 29, 2019
Well, in my tiredness yesterday, I forgot to attach the screenshots I wanted to.

Here they are:
47u6oyf.png

XcpMEsb.png

d1hsfEl.png

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
Check the height of your solenoid (center block must be @ same height as the coil blocks), and try reversing the direction of the injectors. It *SAYS* they work in both directions, but...

zeus5966

Jul 29, 2019
I just tried reversing the injectors, with no joy, as well as being sure the solenoid was at the same level. I also un-multiblocked (?) before and after each to make sure it's not the mod forgetting to check like it did in the tutorial video.

tuONahP.png

jtUJgk5.png

I'm also doing this all on a server if it changes anything.

Edit: I also just noticed that the power going through the magnets pulses about 2 times a second even though they have enough power going through them to cause a bloody thunderstorm.

Last edited:

zeus5966

Jul 29, 2019
I just checked them, and they are all oriented correctly. I am going to re-make the circle of toroid magnets to see if maybe I misplaced one by a block

zeus5966

Jul 29, 2019
And all the magnets are oriented correctly?
So I didn't quite figure out what went wrong the first time around. I broke it down and rebuilt it from scratch and now it works like a charm.

Thank you for your help

Aetherpirate

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, it's all working now. I grossly underestimated how much coolant I'll need though. Time to beef that up x10