Reactor Plating

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Mongoosem

Jul 29, 2019
I'm working with a small reactor and just curious, what are the effect's of the different reactor plating?

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
If I recall correctly, the standard plating lessens the blast, should the thing explode. The heat capacity raises the maximum heat the reactor can take without exploding (useful for breeders).

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
From the IC2-Wiki:
Reactor Plating
This component will increase your reactors maximum temperature by 1000 and will reduce the reactor's explosion range by 5%.
Containment Reactor Plating
This component will increase your reactors maximum temperature by 500 and will reduce the reactor's explosion range by 10%.
Heat-Capacity Reactor Plating
This component will increase your reactor's maximum temperature by 1700 but will only decrease the explosive range by 1%

Nari7777

Jul 29, 2019
From the IC2-Wiki:
Reactor Plating
This component will increase your reactors maximum temperature by 1000 and will reduce the reactor's explosion range by 5%.
Containment Reactor Plating
This component will increase your reactors maximum temperature by 500 and will reduce the reactor's explosion range by 10%.
Heat-Capacity Reactor Plating
This component will increase your reactor's maximum temperature by 1700 but will only decrease the explosive range by 1%
And if i put 10 Containment Reactor Plating then i will reduce the explosion range to 0%? Or it has a limit?

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
I don't even know, if that reduction is additive or multiplicative. Additive would suggest 10 for 0%. Multiplicative would give us a rest range of 0.9^10 ~= 35%.

eculc

Jul 29, 2019
I believe it is in fact multiplicative, else that would be a game-breaking exploit.