Reactant Dynamo - What is the best solution?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

JoeDolca

Jul 29, 2019
So I've come to the point in the game where Steam Dynamos have become boring and I'd like to switch it up a little and make Reactant Dynamos, I havent used those ever before so this should be fun.

My question is: There's many reactants and many fluids these things accept. I have no shortage of Sludge and farming reed should be a breeze, but is it convenient? Is it too slow for RF generation? Will I have to spend tons of bronze doing that? I want to avoid creosote and biomass at all costs, and blaze farming is faraways from my stand in the game. Is it worth it?

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
It produces the same RF/t as all other dynamos. 80 RF/t.

Treat it like anything else. For me, I had a huge excess of gun powder and mob essence, so that's what I went with. Each has a certain amount of RF per item, but that just means you consume more of the item at a faster pace, to maintain the 80 RF/t.

This just means you need to find a way to sustain the source. You could have one dynamo running off of mob essence and gun powder. Another destabilized redstone and glowstone. The combinations are endless and is really up to you.

Archie Duffy

Jul 29, 2019
Witch farm would get you all the required items, glowstone dust and blaze powder, so you can supply the reactant dynamos. Just be sure to turn the glowstone dust into energized glowstone. This will give you a minimum of 1,392,000 RF per blaze powder and bucket of energized glowstone. So too answer your question, the convenience depends on how you view it, it is one of the best sources of power in FTB and yes, you will have to spend tons of bronze to get an adequate amount of energy being created per tick. After reading this, it's up to you whether or not you can be bothered to set up some reactant dynamos.

Last edited:

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Running them with anything you have laying around is awesome. So I usually suggest running them off of shit and sugar, both easy to farm.

Reactions: rhn