Random Crashing Happening every 5 mins

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

3xraze

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Random Crashing Happening every 5 mins
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
FTB Infinity Evolved Export Mode
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
Randomly crashing when browsing in the ME system or looking up items in NEI or just building stuff or opening inventory

D

DemitriusM

same has been happening to me, crashes while doing random things

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
You have to tell your antivirus program to ignore the ftb folder. It locks the file while it's performing the check so minecraft can't use the file.

@DemitriusM If your crash is the same, then this should fix it. Otherwise start a new thred and post the log there.

3xraze

Jul 29, 2019
You have to tell your antivirus program to ignore the ftb folder. It locks the file while it's performing the check so minecraft can't use the file.

@DemitriusM If your crash is the same, then this should fix it. Otherwise start a new thred and post the log there.
ill give it a shot but this randomly starting happening after like over mabe 151 hours of playing could there be any thing else that is messing it up?

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
Some other program is doing somethig with the file. Do you have any programs taking backups? Do you have Microsoft Security Essentials installed, it might be doing something.

3xraze

Jul 29, 2019
Some other program is doing somethig with the file. Do you have any programs taking backups? Do you have Microsoft Security Essentials installed, it might be doing something.

no i dont have MSE, the only program that takes backups is the one it comes with which im not sure what mod does it its not aroma backup mabe ftb utilites? not totally sure.

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
I don't mean a mod that takes backups but another program that takes backups of files on your computer. The error: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\3xRaze\Documents\Curse\Minecraft\Instances\FTB Infinity Evolved\saves\You Da Tubes\DIM1\multipart.dat (The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process)
is ususally caused by an antivirus program doing a scan. If you don't have an antivirus progran, then I really have no clue what is causing it.

3xraze

Jul 29, 2019
I don't mean a mod that takes backups but another program that takes backups of files on your computer. The error: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\3xRaze\Documents\Curse\Minecraft\Instances\FTB Infinity Evolved\saves\You Da Tubes\DIM1\multipart.dat (The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process)
is ususally caused by an antivirus program doing a scan. If you don't have an antivirus progran, then I really have no clue what is causing it.

oh then no i dont have any other programs just what it came with as default, the DIM1\multipart changes aswell if i go into the folder and delete multipart.dat it runs for mabe a few hours then it switches DIMs aka DIM-1\multipart.dat and if i do the same thing again it'll switch back, i personally dont understand it aswell since everything was running fine for over 151h of playing >.<