Windows .jar Random crash / monitor goes to sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chucky5150

Jul 29, 2019
Last week everything worked just fine. Now it's a different story.

FTB Launcher version: v1.2.2
Minecraft Version: 1.4.7
Mod Pack: Dw20
Java: 1.7.0_15 64bit
Error logs:
I'm sure 3 reports is most likely overkill but I just wanted to error on the side of too much information. Who knows it might help.

I'm not sure where to start troubleshooting this problem. When the game and / or computer crashes my display turns off (ie: goes to sleep mode). There is still power going to the monitor as the button goes from blue to orange and I get a little pop up that the signal is lost. I have tried using the other DVI socket on the video card. I've also updated to the latest (I believe) nvidia graphics drivers of 314.22 as I used to have a 306.xx drivers. The only way I have been able to get the display working again is to hold the power button and do a hard reboot of the computer. I'd like to find a better way as windows doesn't like that way very much.

Display doesn't seem crash while not playing the game. I just left the house for a few hours and all is still good. I don't really play any other games to test the display drivers with.

Any thoughts and/or ideas would be of great help.

Thank you.

maniacpsycho

Jul 29, 2019
when mine does this I open the case and vacuum the dust and crud out of the cpu and graphics card fans, works a treat for me ;)

Chucky5150

Jul 29, 2019
when mine does this I open the case and vacuum the dust and crud out of the cpu and graphics card fans, works a treat for me ;)

Right train of thought, however, that wasn't the cause. Sure there was some dust in the case but it really wasn't too bad. One out of the two fans on the video card (MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II) is only working when it feels like it. The parts are still covered under warranty but the labor warranty went up just over 2 weeks ago.

I'm thinking it's time to look for a DIY type of fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.