Random BoP Promise Land fire?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Gabe224

Jul 29, 2019
So this morning I decide to go to my promisland base, where I have my Mass fab + Ultimate Hybrid, and when I get there there is a giant ring of fire around my base, but nowhere else. Wondering if this has happened to anyone else, -the fire seems to only be where there was grass. Here is a pic:
2013-08-05_05.44.38.png

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
You sure the mass fab didn't explode?

Cause if it did...

Read wiki to figure, not recommended for the faint hearted.

Gabe224

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, I'm sure because that 64 of UU in my inventory was just pulled out of the mass fab.

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
Amnet was kind enough to add poison ivy all over the place.

Expect the unexpected.

Gabe224

Jul 29, 2019
Okay so I turned my server (Through Creeperhost) off then back on, when I go back to the promise land, 3 of my solars are gone as well as my mass fab, other items like recycler and one hybrid remain. But the fire is still there. Now Im really confused.

Gabe224

Jul 29, 2019
not possible because I was on the server when I shut it down -everything was fine (except for fire), I turn it back on stuff is gone, but the hybrid solar right next to it if fine.... and the landscape is unchanged except for the fire which only starts 20 blocks away from my base.....

Frosthawk87

Jul 29, 2019
Have you stepped into said fire? If you haven't, try it and see if it burns you. If not, it's merely a visual glitch in which the grass and fire textures have been mixed up somehow. If it does burn you, then I don't have a clue what it could be.

ronny

Jul 29, 2019
same thing happened to me after setting up a base here, i've not got a mass fabricator thing but i found that the 9 redstone energy cells i had plugged in were all completely drained from full, my thinking was that a wisp that had spawned previously had set fire to the place, maybe it drain my power too? was going to put it out but it goes on forever and rain don't put it out either:( may try tipping some buckets of water over some hill tops.
on a positive note i did discover one of the golems there had duped himself a friend:)

DanteDarkstar

Jul 29, 2019
I have encountered such fire twice too (both on the same sky island close to portal). I think they may be caused by lightnings. Seems that while the weather in Promised Land always looks nice, if there's thunderstorm in overland, some occasional thunder also happens there. Or that's the most reasonable explanation I could make for those fires.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Lightning would be my guess too. Rains quite often in TPL, not sure if I've seen lightning though. Since it was probably chunkloaded sooner or later if there is lightning you will have a fire. :)