Ram Allocation

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Tornado3019

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyway to allocate more than 768mb of ram but less than 1gb? Whenever I try it snaps to the nearest one. I'm running a 32-bit computer and I get an error whenever I go upto 1 gb.

Tornado3019

Jul 29, 2019
EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x564fa775, pid=5608, tid=10888 Apparently it's when you give ftb to much ram

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
He could, if he just didn't do like... Anything, but that's not the point here. The game isn't even allowing him to try, which is the issue. FTB should be able to run on 32 bit, since I was playing my 1.4.7 world on 32 bit java, until I discovered the joy of have a 64 bit computer...

But that's getting off track.

Reactions: ThomazM

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
1.4.7 can just about manage it. Only one or two of the new packs will run without 64-bit at all though and even the ones that will probably need 2gb to work almost at all. Modpacks are just not low-memory.

I would like to know what pack he is trying to run, but my statement stands.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Reactions: Padfoote

Tornado3019

Jul 29, 2019
1.4.7 can just about manage it. Only one or two of the new packs will run without 64-bit at all though and even the ones that will probably need 2gb to work almost at all. Modpacks are just not low-memory.

I can surprisingly enough run it, only just touching/ going over 3/4gb of ram, (when on the lowest of all setings) which is why I want to allocate 50-100mb more.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
I can surprisingly enough run it, only just touching/ going over 3/4gb of ram, (when on the lowest of all setings) which is why I want to allocate 50-100mb more.
Ah, now I understand what you are trying to do.

If you work with the Java command line options directly, you can specify exact amounts of RAM although this can cause instability, but it sounds more to me like what you need to do is tune your Java arguments; the packs aren't designed to work with more than 4gb as it is.

They're somewhat outdated, but try using some or all of the arguments in this thread and you should see a significant performance increase: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/jvm-arguments-for-modded-minecraft-updated-12-30-13.28994/

Tornado3019

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, now I understand what you are trying to do.

If you work with the Java command line options directly, you can specify exact amounts of RAM although this can cause instability, but it sounds more to me like what you need to do is tune your Java arguments; the packs aren't designed to work with more than 4gb as it is.

They're somewhat outdated, but try using some or all of the arguments in this thread and you should see a significant performance increase: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/jvm-arguments-for-modded-minecraft-updated-12-30-13.28994/
Worked like a charm, thanks man :)

Reactions: Dorque

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019

More like 4 or 5 on a WinXP PC running with a processor core 2 duo :p