Rain - STAHP!!!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
First I'll clear this out: nobody is pranking anyone here (like they did on Forgecraft). It is a legit problem.

Ever since someone made and used the AM2 spell to control rain a couple of times - server weather has gone absolutely bonkers.

It rains nearly all the time. Sometimes the weather clears for literally 3 seconds and starts raining again.

Sometimes it's clear, and rains for 3 seconds on clears again.

If it's raining at night and we sleep, it still keeps raining in the morning. Even /weather clear doesn't do anything!

It's driving us nuts! Is there anything I can do / check / reset. Anything!! *falls to knees and begs to the sky*

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe it's client side only...what about /toggledownfall ?

First I'll clear this out: nobody is pranking anyone here (like they did on Forgecraft). It is a legit problem.
Are you 100% sure? For me it sounds like someone has an AM2 spell activator thingie hidden somewhere.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Isn't there a machine from Forestry that stops it from raining?
Yup the Rainmaker. Despite its name it can be used to make it stop raining too, by simply feeding it different charges. "Iodine charges" to make it rain, "the other kind I cannot remember the name right now charges" to make it stop.

I made a thread ages ago about how to set up this in a rather simple way to automatically detect and stop the rain:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/simple-compact-automated-rainmaker-setup-stop-rain.34231/

EDIT: Dissipation charges!!!

Reactions: SatanicSanta

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Today's Forecast: Server Pranking with a high chance of rain via clever systems involving AM2.
This forecaster suggests you run a OPIS check for any Caster Blocks and inspect them personally to make sure none are casting rain spells.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Today's Forecast: Server Pranking with a high chance of rain via clever systems involving AM2.
This forecaster suggests you run a OPIS check for any Caster Blocks and inspect them personally to make sure none are casting rain spells.
Yeah I will ... cos this is getting uber-annoying now.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Right ... update.

Did some nosing around with Opis, and didn't find anything implying a prank going on.