Railcraft Steam Locomotive / train setup

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know a a good tutorial or care to share their setup and lessons learned please?

Having setup my base with liquid tesseracts throughout, I would like to try a "back to basics" setup to fetch oil from a local well. I thought the new steam locomotive coupled with liquid carts would be a fun build, but im a total n00b at loader/unloader configurations. Throw in a steam loco that also needs another liquid and Im not sure how to begin ....

Edit to add: The well is 200 blocks away, across an expanse of Wasteland biome, so I wanted to add the rail line as a feature of the landscape. I know it will be slow, but I don't rely on oil so speed/efficiency is not an issue.

crazy_fab

Jul 29, 2019
It's not that hard you need a locomotive, a tank cart and probably a world anchor cart. For the locomotive you need two loader one liquid filled with water (I suggest aqueous accumulator) and one with solid fuel coming to it or in an inventory next. In both those loader you want to add your steam locomotive to the cart filter and a boarding or a powered track bellow (not powered, the loader will power it when needed).
Then you need a liquid unloader at your base with a powered/boarding track above, the filter must be set to tank cart, I suggest adding the empty option so the system stop if your tank is full. then do a liquid loader with a boarding track below at the oil well add the tank cart to the cart filter and you should be all set.