Railcraft Locomotive whistles not working

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

masterventris

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone have any idea why the whistles don't work on any steam locomotive on my server? They all have whistle pitches set and they are driving over powered whistle tracks but you dont hear anything. Also no sound when using the tuner and I thought that would give some feedback.

Not just my client either, nobody can hear them.

EDIT: No sound on single player either

Thanks

MutsX

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know whether this problem has been solved or is expected to be solved? Cheers

ThemsAllTook

Jul 29, 2019
I had the same problem, and found a solution after searching: Disable liteloader in JarMods. voxelmap doesn't seem to work without it, but it lets you hear sounds from Railcraft, Twilight Forest, XReliquary, and probably others I haven't discovered yet.

YellowMiner

Jul 29, 2019
I've liteloader and railcraft (wich include the whistle), Xeno reliquary, and twilight forest (exept the cicadas. It must be a Twilight forest bug, as it's enabled in the config.) sounds work fine.

ThemsAllTook

Jul 29, 2019
The mystery deepens. Wonder why it works for some and not others... Liteloader was the only thing that made a difference for me.

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
+1

I really, really - really - would like my whistle tracks to work. Couldnt find anything out about this prob last time I searched.

Also, still experience the dreaded sound lag whenever a train arrives/departs my base. Just saying :(

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
DMIZH6n.jpg

Now I have spiders riding on my trains. IF ONLY the whistle would work, this whole fiasco could have been avoided ...

Anybody?

Zerren

Jul 29, 2019
Train sound lag is caused by the dinosaur ancient LWJGL that minecraft uses. You can fix that by updating your libraries.