Railcraft Industrial Steam Engines Not Connecting

tommy3244

Jul 29, 2019
I can't get Railcraft's Industrial Steam Engines to connect to Thermal Expansion's energy conduits. I'm using the latest version (as of the date of this post) of the direwolf20 pack with no modifications. I realize that Thermal Expansion recently changed the energy unit their machines use and produce to Redstone Flux. Is this the reason? I thought this was odd, for the energy conduits appear to be able to power Buildcraft devices without any problem. Is there any way to connect them? If not, is there some way to store and transport (via an enderchest or an inventory) Buildcraft energy? Thanks!

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed this when TE first came out. Dont expect mj to convert to rf. So far this conversion is one way from rf to mj. If you need to power things from the steam boiler you can attach TE steam dynamos to it instead. They are arguably better in that they arent animated and noisey plus they dont cost steel. Last i played with it they put out 80rf per tick but im not positive if this changed recently having been watching direwolfs newer videos.

You may also like that you dont need to supply those te steam dynamos with a redstone signal to turn them on as well. Might as well skip strait to rf if thats what the power line uses anyways.

Reactions: tommy3244

tommy3244

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed this when TE first came out. Dont expect mj to convert to rf. So far this conversion is one way from rf to mj. If you need to power things from the steam boiler you can attach TE steam dynamos to it instead. They are arguably better in that they arent animated and noisey plus they dont cost steel. Last i played with it they put out 80rf per tick but im not positive if this changed recently having been watching direwolfs newer videos.

You may also like that you dont need to supply those te steam dynamos with a redstone signal to turn them on as well. Might as well skip strait to rf if thats what the power line uses anyways.
Well, I was powering a quarry, but my quarrys keep disappearing due to the chunk they are in being regenerated with a different seed (I made a different post for this problem), so I gave up on quarrys and don't need MJ anymore. Thanks!