Quick question about mods folder.

rmfranco

Jul 29, 2019
If this is in the wrong place, please put it where it needs to go, or at least let me know.
I was looking at my mods folder recently, and wondered: would it work if you took a few mods in one folder, gave it whatever name, and placed it in modpack folder. Example: take all Thaumcraft mods and put them in one folder named Thaumcraft, then add them to modpacks when I wanted to. Would it work with a different, random name, like 'Bob'?
Basically, I want to keep certain mods together, even though I can't always remember what a mod does, due to it's weird name.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
You can move files between mod folders. They won't load if put in sub folders. You can change the name if required.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
You would have to edit the class files to point it to your newly established directory.

Essentially if you moved it to a new file the mod would not know where it was suppsed to look. The mod will be looking for assets useing minecraft/mods/modinquestionsfolder/fileitslookingfor.
but when you move it to a new folder the assests it needs is now minecraft/mods/yourcustomfolder/modinquestionsfolder/fileitslookingfor
but it's still looking for the spot its been told it will be.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk