Questions and Advice on Ender IO Farming Station in FTB Beyond

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
I've got a few questions I'd like to ask for FTB Beyond players regarding the Ender IO Farming Station and other options for automated farming. First off, I'm trying to get an automated canola farm up and running using an Ender IO Farming Station, but I can't get it to work right farming canola or even regular wheat seeds. Also, I'm trying to use that unbreakable tools trick I've seen other YouTube players doing so as to avoid having to automate creating hoes every so often, but I can't seem to get the tool I've made to work in the farming station either. Has the farming station been changed so it doesn't farm canola, or am I doing things wrong and I don't know about it? Second, if the farming station doesn't work, what other farming options and setups can you suggest that can help me with this predicament? If I could figure out how to take screenshots and post them, I could show you what I've come up with so far to make things easier for me to explain.

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
You can always use the actually additions farmer. Hoe some grass to get worms, and when you can, make greenhouse glass and you an make tons of Canola.

S

slackfumasta

I am using the Ender IO farming station for a few things, so I know it works in Beyond. I am currently farming Canola and Ender Pearls, but I've also done wheat, trees, and rubber resin. My setup is simple: I power it using energy conduits from Ender IO, and I keep it suppled with the right tool - obviously hoes for wheat/canola/ender pearl, treetaps for resin, and axes for trees.

When the Farming Station can't perform its task, it usually pops up a message above it that says why, such as 'No Hoe/Axe/Treetap'. Are you seeing this? If not, maybe you aren't using a compatible tool? I don't know about any unbreakable tools, but I do know that not everything works in a farming station, such as garnet/ruby/sapphire tools. What do work are obsidian tools, and they have extremely high durability (8000 versus iron, which has 200). Try using those. I have my AE2 system autocraft the necessary tools to keep them permanently supplied.