[QUESTION] Update to Redpower: Map changes?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

97torvic

Jul 29, 2019
Hi. I saw Redpower is finally out. I'm running a FTB server, and I'd like to know if, with the RP2 update, will I have to change my map. I'd like to ask the same for the 1.4.5/1.4.6 update.

I want to know too, how tu update the server to both ways

Please any answer will be useful.

Thanks! :D

luca2849

Jul 29, 2019
when the ftb server pack reaches 1.4.6 you will only have to have a new map if you want the ores, if you want the ores and want the same map i suggest using a mystcraft world

GearCraft

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to move everyone to, say, the nether with the items they want to keep, reset the main world, and then everyone can go back and rebuild with RP2 ores and they will still have all of the stuff they have worked for?

luca2849

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to move everyone to, say, the nether with the items they want to keep, reset the main world, and then everyone can go back and rebuild with RP2 ores and they will still have all of the stuff they have worked for?
thats actually quite a smart idea

TheLoneWolfling

Jul 29, 2019
Yes it is.
Another option is to move the main world to a Mystcraft age, and regen the main world. This will end up with borders around the edges though.

movespeed

Jul 29, 2019

I would be interested in doing this but I am unsure of how to do it. I use a dedicated host and looking through the game files I don't see a nether file just a world file with nothing in it that says nether. Any ideas?