[question] Sorting Without Dmg. Values?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Trollsama

Jul 29, 2019
Hay, im putting the finishing touches on my sorting network, and ran into a bit of a snag.

I want to be able to sort things such as nano Armour and jet packs, but because of how the charge works it will mess up sorting.

Does anyone know of a way to ignore damage values when sorting, so i could for eg put nano boots into the sorter, and have it end up in the same spot regardless of its charge level?

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
If you're using RP2 for sorting, unless you use one of those things which gives everything for which a colour isn't specified another colour (I can't remember the mode's name, so I'll just say that if you put wooden planks into the sorting machine and wooden planks aren't given a specific colour, it'll default to, say, cyan,) you can't. At least, I don't think so. Maybe. Actually, come to think of it, RP2 Sorting Machines don't care about metadata, so you should be sound if you use RP2.

Trollsama

Jul 29, 2019
well the sortron thing from redpower could likely do it, but im not going to learn Forth just to set this up (Forth frustrates the hell out of me XD. I will stick with Lua)
I was hoping i could find another solution, and i have no problems with jumping into buildcraft pipes if need be

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
If you're using RP2 for sorting, unless you use one of those things which gives everything for which a colour isn't specified another colour (I can't remember the mode's name, so I'll just say that if you put wooden planks into the sorting machine and wooden planks aren't given a specific colour, it'll default to, say, cyan,) you can't. At least, I don't think so. Maybe. Actually, come to think of it, RP2 Sorting Machines don't care about metadata, so you should be sound if you use RP2.

They do care. For instance, you have to put each type of microblock you are trying to sort into the machine, even though they share the same ID.

I've ran into this problem with sorting armor- it just won't go through if it doesn't match the damage value of the armor in the sorting machine.

Trollsama

Jul 29, 2019
lol someone needs to message Eloraam and get a block added to red power for this.
an advanced filter or sorter or whatever would be a fantastic add to redpower.something with the ability to ignore damage values..

actually better yet, make it a feature of the new managers. since they are "smart sorters" it would be a good fit.