[Question] FTB Infinity Weapon

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

iMakeItRain

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

Ok, so first things first but also 2 things.
1: I'm pretty sure this question is asked a lot but my line of questioning is a bit different.
2: It's been forever since I've played minecraft and modded minecraft so a lot is new to me.

Question:
What is a good weapon to have about Early-Mid Game? I would like to have something that can 1 shot an Enderman but with looting 3 if possible. Right now I'm using a Enderium Broadsword from Tinkers Construct that +27 attack or 13.5 hearts with looting 3. It can "almost" 1 shot Enderman but I would have to switch the looting with quartz in order to do so. Saying this should give you an idea on how far my progress is and should help you answer my question possibly. Although I'm not too far into progression I still have some things available to me atm and more soon.

Note: I know a cleaver could easily obtain what I want but I really don't want something so huge/bulky and slow.

If you can help me it would be much appreciated!
Thanks for reading~

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Of you want an extra modifier so you can add more quartz, try using a Magical Wood guard. Enderium will likely be the best material for the blade, as it does the highest base damage on a TiCo weapon. Handle is more about durability, but a Thaumium handle might buy you an extra modifier as well.

If you have EnderIO, the Ender (the sword added specifically to kill Enderman) isn't too difficult to upgrade to a usable level. It even prevents them from teleporting at some point.

diehard586

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

Ok, so first things first but also 2 things.
1: I'm pretty sure this question is asked a lot but my line of questioning is a bit different.
2: It's been forever since I've played minecraft and modded minecraft so a lot is new to me.

Question:
What is a good weapon to have about Early-Mid Game? I would like to have something that can 1 shot an Enderman but with looting 3 if possible. Right now I'm using a Enderium Broadsword from Tinkers Construct that +27 attack or 13.5 hearts with looting 3. It can "almost" 1 shot Enderman but I would have to switch the looting with quartz in order to do so. Saying this should give you an idea on how far my progress is and should help you answer my question possibly. Although I'm not too far into progression I still have some things available to me atm and more soon.

Note: I know a cleaver could easily obtain what I want but I really don't want something so huge/bulky and slow.

If you can help me it would be much appreciated!
Thanks for reading~

If you're playing on infinity, i'm pretty sure that the ExtraTIC ingots are really good... I always use Cleaver because the beheading, an mid-early game weapon that i recommend you to use is an Signalum Large Blade and Plate parts with manyulin tough rods, signalum are cheap to make and really good, i used this weapon for a long time.

But one massive and extremelly OP weapon that i can get in the early-mid game is one crossbow from tinkers :

Signalum Limb
Fiery Bowstring ( you can get the flamestring killing the Heatscar spider in nether )
Any high durability binding ( i use the paper for more modifiers but that isn't necessary )
Lumium Crossbow Body

And the bolts

Enderium Bolt
Slime Fletching

In the crossbow i use only 2 modifiers : Power usage or moss stone for auto-repair and lapis for looting 3. In the bolt i use moss stone for auto-repair ( it refill the ammo ) and quartz, 72 is enough.

In the end you will get an 97,5 hearts dmg weapon, and shoots really fast ! 3 shots = wither/ender dragon dead.

It is a broken op weapon, and you can get it real easy. Hope it helped ;D

Photoloss

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know how you define "early-midgame" seeing as Enderium is the joint endgame of two different mods (unless Expert Mode changed something, but you didn't mention that in your post). It actually is pretty hard to one-shot an Enderman through raw damage without crits, potions or a mobtype-specific damage bonus. That "OP crossbow" counts as a projectile weapon and won't work on Endermen either.

Once you've reached Enderium TiCon nothing else really beats it short of specific mechanics or maybe Draconic Evolution. You can get to about 12 hearts with any other high-tier sword while gaining other advantages though (Awakened Ichorium Sword has an AoE mode, for example).

Another way of increasing damage is the Strength potion effect. You can gain it permanently through the Runic Dungeons pendant, or level 2 from Botania's Tainted Blood Pendant, which must be worn in the amulet bauble slot and requires a constant supply of mana. The mana supply can be automated in your base, there's an item called a Mana Mirror which draws mana from a designated pool at infinite range.

diehard586

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know how you define "early-midgame" seeing as Enderium is the joint endgame of two different mods (unless Expert Mode changed something, but you didn't mention that in your post). It actually is pretty hard to one-shot an Enderman through raw damage without crits, potions or a mobtype-specific damage bonus. That "OP crossbow" counts as a projectile weapon and won't work on Endermen either.

Once you've reached Enderium TiCon nothing else really beats it short of specific mechanics or maybe Draconic Evolution. You can get to about 12 hearts with any other high-tier sword while gaining other advantages though (Awakened Ichorium Sword has an AoE mode, for example).

Another way of increasing damage is the Strength potion effect. You can gain it permanently through the Runic Dungeons pendant, or level 2 from Botania's Tainted Blood Pendant, which must be worn in the amulet bauble slot and requires a constant supply of mana. The mana supply can be automated in your base, there's an item called a Mana Mirror which draws mana from a designated pool at infinite range.

Indeed the op crossbow does not work on enderman, but on other creatures it works just fine... altrough the signalum is a pretty good choice for a tinkers weapon..

Photoloss

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed the op crossbow does not work on enderman, but on other creatures it works just fine... altrough the signalum is a pretty good choice for a tinkers weapon..
There are some other projectile-negating foes, notably Botania's Gaia Guardian and some tools available to other players. Being unable to kill randomly spawned Endermen also is quite annoying for a general-purpose weapon. That said for anything that does take projectile hits the crossbow easily is the best option, and since the bolts don't even matter all that much the hardest component to get is the Signalum. Add a ball of moss to both and you'll never need to worry about repairs again ;)