Question for Admins running Infinity Servers

KnightOwl

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking to setup a server for my family to play on. We'll be running Infinity or Direwolf20 with 3 people. How much RAM should I be looking for? When I run a server on my machine for 2 people (3 people and I start getting block lag) I give it 4GB but I'm wondering if that's overkill?

Thanks

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking to setup a server for my family to play on. We'll be running Infinity or Direwolf20 with 3 people. How much RAM should I be looking for? When I run a server on my machine for 2 people (3 people and I start getting block lag) I give it 4GB but I'm wondering if that's overkill?

Thanks

Yes as the above poster mentioned 2 to 3GB is all you needs. If your experiencing lag on that 4GB then it's possible there is another bottleneck (CPU for instance).

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
We run fine with 4gb including plugins and ~20 players + there is still space left without the gc going crazy. So if you need more than 3gb then there is probably a mem leak and it is likely that even 8gb wouldn't hold long.
(infinity and direwolf are pretty cpu intense so best pick a good cpu with a lot of single threading power)

Reactions: Harvest88