Question about Weapons and Tools.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
A lot of the tools and weapons have Technological Equivalents. So I was wondering...what replaces the Bow? Is it the Mining Laser or something else?

Vovk

Jul 29, 2019
hunter's handgun is probably the closest match - though there are the long list of bows in tinkerer's construct as well as the mining laser and MFR omni tool with the blaster or railgun options.[DOUBLEPOST=1377378045][/DOUBLEPOST]
hunter's handgun is probably the closest match - though there are the long list of bows in tinkerer's construct as well as the mining laser and MFR omni tool with the blaster or railgun options.
*Modular Power Suits power tool, not MFR omni tool*

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I am a fan of the MFR needle gun. While it still seems to be a work in progress it has it uses and over all is a fun weapon.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
What do I need to upgrade the Quantum Suit with the functions I want and what do I need for these Power Tools? I'm using the FTB Ultimate Pack.

And also, what is better to make: the Quantum Suit or Modular Power Suits?

ThrillBird

Jul 29, 2019
--snip--

That depends entirely on what you need and what resources you've got.

For travelling and everyday use, I use my powersuit. Although when I need maximum protection, for example if I'm battling one of the tf bosses or the wither, the quantum is way ahead. I'm not saying that MPS provides bad protection, for most tasks it's more than enough, and you barely lose any health from normal mobs. Although the quantum is a bit ahead, especially against the wither as it cancels his effect. When it comes to building high up, I dont really care if I use the MPS or gravisuit, as long as I've got the flight control module.

So for short - I use my PowerSuit for everything except boss battles.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
What do I need to upgrade the Quantum Suit with the functions I want and what do I need for these Power Tools? I'm using the FTB Ultimate Pack.

That depends on what you are looking for.

Quantum Suit (I like it more) gives invinsibility, except for nano sabers. You can also upgrade the Quantum Suit into the UH Solar Helmet so you never lose power in all of your tools (E. Hoe, E. Wrench, Laser, Drill, etc), and the GraviChestPlate.
MPS gives customizability.

If you already have a NanoSuit I would go with Quantum, but since you are playing Ultimate you have GregT's iridium to deal with. Though, once you get an automated system, maybe with some platinum bees iridium isn't really an issue.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
So, I ca have 3 suits of Powered Armor then: The Quantum Suit, Power Suit and the Gravi Chest Plate?

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
The Powersuit would be pretty much obsolete if you had Quantum Feet, Leggings, GraviChest and an Ultimate Solar Helmet.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
turth be told I find most of the modded armor to be to good. I tend to run around with fairly vanilla armors these days. Though I do like them long fall boots.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
But would you still take fire damage? Also, which of these suits allows for lighting up the surrounding darkness?

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
turth be told I find most of the modded armor to be to good. I tend to run around with fairly vanilla armors these days. Though I do like them long fall boots.
True, but don't you just HATE not being able to fly? Seriously the earlier tameable pterodactyls are added the better.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
I'd say the suit has a pretty good resistance to fire, however the powersuit isn't great for it and especially not when the heat mechanic comes into play with the railgun eventually.
I believe you can get a Light Helmet which casts an aura of light around you, however it's no more powerful than an iron helmet, you can also get night vision goggles.[DOUBLEPOST=1377384966][/DOUBLEPOST]
True, but don't you just HATE not being able to fly? Seriously the earlier tameable pterodactyls are added the better.

There is the thaumostatic harness you can enchant with haste, but it's not particularly great and a decent jetpack would put it to shame.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
You can also make the quantum helmet act as a light helmet in the configs, though I don't know why you'd want to. The constant lighting updates are both annoying and create fps lag, which is even more annoying. Just use night vision.

It seems the railgun is the only thing which causes MPS heat to actually be an issue...

Saice

Jul 29, 2019

Nope don't really miss it. I can piller and jump just fine. Flying is just way to over used and remove almost all the diffculty when it comes to dealing with mobs when combined with any sort of ranged attack. It ends up being one of those things that is just too good. Some of the older modes were nice as they did not allow for unlimited flight. But MPS and other flight options either have huge power stores and/or ways to self charge that they are limited only on paper. TC does flight fairly well and so does do the IC2/GT jetpacks when you dont have self charging helmets.

Flight also makes exploring way to simple so much you can tend to miss stuff as you zip along not to say anything about the chunk loading lag high flight can cuase on servers.

No to me flight should be limited it is one of the few things dartcraft does in an non-op way.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
While the railgun is the only thing that would inflict heat damage on you, (in the mmmps mod) that's not to say the suit wouldn't just shrug it off. That would be kind of pointless.
I'd think the suit would be quite vulnerable to burning no matter how you might come across it.
To put it simply, I don't think you'll be able to swim in lava in a powersuit anymore unless there's a module for it.

Or you brew a fire resistance potion, but that goes without saying.