Question about villagers

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Gerhard

Jul 29, 2019
I know it's possible to purify villagers with a splash potion of Weakness and a Golden Apple, but if you purify a villager, will it have a chance to be a Thaumcraft Thaumaturge, Mystcraft Archivist, Forestry Beekeeper?

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
What you can do (if the special ones cannot be received this way), is to use the cured ones as breeding stock. Their children can become every profession, including the ones which were added by mods.

crazy_fab

Jul 29, 2019
I did get a beekeeping guy this way, so it is probably possible for every type of villager to be acquired by curing zombie. (they mus somewhat be added to a list of villager possible and share vanilla villager rule of "creation")

dakamojo

Jul 29, 2019
I created a zombie villager soul shard and set up a spawner with a safe purification area. The first villager I got was a beekeeper.