Question about the witchery spirit world

General_Metrac

Jul 29, 2019
I've looked all over for the correct answer and can't seem to find one. Now i assume each player gets their own spirit world dimension? As it seems like the nightmare/dream function wouldn't work if it was one gigantic world...know what i mean? not likely to have you with a sweet dream and then your friend comes running by getting chased by a nightmare...

am i correct or no?

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
It's the same dimension for everybody. We actually started a base in the spirit world on my server after getting some dream catchers, it's definitely doable but many resources are missing (nether, end, some mods) so you need to be able to eventually build some form of interdimensional transport. As for the nightmare/dream function, I'm not entirely clear how it works but the dimension itself is the same, so perhaps it only spawns/shows the nightmare creatures to those in that mode.
Note: You -can- construct portals to the nether/end/TwiFor/etc. but the moment you enter it wakes you up.

General_Metrac

Jul 29, 2019
It's the same dimension for everybody. We actually started a base in the spirit world on my server after getting some dream catchers, it's definitely doable but many resources are missing (nether, end, some mods) so you need to be able to eventually build some form of interdimensional transport. As for the nightmare/dream function, I'm not entirely clear how it works but the dimension itself is the same, so perhaps it only spawns/shows the nightmare creatures to those in that mode.
Note: You -can- construct portals to the nether/end/TwiFor/etc. but the moment you enter it wakes you up.

yea i see how it works now, a few friends wanted an adventure so i convinced them to come with me. We have a dream weaver now, and it seems if there is one person in the spirit world , just one person, having a nightmare, the sky will go black for all BUT the people having dreams will watch as he gets chased by the nightmare, the nightmare will only go after that one player however

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
yea i see how it works now, a few friends wanted an adventure so i convinced them to come with me. We have a dream weaver now, and it seems if there is one person in the spirit world , just one person, having a nightmare, the sky will go black for all BUT the people having dreams will watch as he gets chased by the nightmare, the nightmare will only go after that one player however
Ah, thanks for the info! I wasn't aware how that worked since we were never in that situation; when one of us got a nightmare that player immediately woke themselves up and tried again. That must look amusing, though, to have one guy running around like death is right behind, but nobody else sees anything.:D