[Question] About some of the mods.

Yoshimasta

Jul 29, 2019
I just joined from Tekkit, and since there is a lot of the same mods on FTB. I noticed a lot of the items were not there, I questioned if they were removed or not.

Items I have noticed missing:

energy condenser
Alchemy Bags
Energy Collectors

and so on.

I was wondering if the devs removed them forever or just for a short period of time.

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
Redpower2 for minecraft 1.4 and above hasn't been released yet, so you'll be missing all of that mods stuff. That might cover some of your list.

Vegoraptor

Jul 29, 2019
The mentioned items are from Equivalent Exchange 2, which is discontinued and being replaced by EE3.
However, Pahimar remade the mod from scratch, and I think he said most of the items will not be in again. Also, it is going to be a lot more balanced.

Yoshimasta

Jul 29, 2019
Well just in my opinion, I don't think anything should be removed just made a little harder to get. As for red matter and dark matter, they were both useless from the start and way to glitchy. As I stated though, still let us get the Energy Condenser etc, just make it harder to gain.

Vegoraptor

Jul 29, 2019
Tell Pahimar, not me, but I really think those where much to OP to use alongside with other mods. Even if they are harder to get, at the moment you get them, there is nothing left to do, just sit there and wait for enough EMC to create new Collectors to get the next Collectors even faster.

Sephrik

Jul 29, 2019
If Pahimar didn't think something about the mod was unbalanced, then he wouldn't change it as drastically as he is. Yoshimasta, EE2 hasn't been "removed" from anything, but you can't include a mod made for 1.2.5 in a mod pack made for 1.4.2, because it won't load. The reason it isn't in is because it hasn't been updated, it's unbalanced with the other mods in the game, and Pahimar is creating EE3 as we speak.

Bluehorazon

Jul 29, 2019
Actually I heard Xen0 saying something like EE2 was the greatest mistake of his life and just a bunch of shit or something like this... and he created the mod^^. So yeah if even the creator says it's broken it surely is. It just does not fit with other mods, since it is based all around post-diamond-stuff which makes getting material like iron way too simple, since they are worthless in EE2.

portablejim

Jul 29, 2019
I just joined from Tekkit, and since there is a lot of the same mods on FTB. I noticed a lot of the items were not there, I questioned if they were removed or not.

I was wondering if the devs removed them forever or just for a short period of time.
One thing to understand is that FTB (and Technic/Tekkit) is just a collection of different mods. The FTB team (and the team behind Technic/Tekkit) do not have anything to do with the creation of the mods (besides maybe suggesting ideas about the mods) and so can only work with what the mods that have been made.

The items you see missing are from the mod EE2, which has not been updated beyond 1.2.5. EE3 is being developed for 1.3+ (as mentioned above).

Rhinehart_

Jul 29, 2019
The mentioned items are from Equivalent Exchange 2, which is discontinued and being replaced by EE3.
--snip-- I think he said most of the items will not be in again. --snip--

i do believe the alchemical bags are going to make a reappearance, though the other two wont because EE3 seems to be foregoing the fantasmal EMC basis, going back to its roots, matter converting into matter,

(as if charcoal isnt made of matter *points nose in the air*)

Kraviec

Jul 29, 2019
The collectors were the most OP part of this mod, since they got you tons of diamonds from thin air. On the other hand, transmutation was just fine IMO. The only blocks you can have too many are cobble and dirt and EE2 let you change them into diamonds at a reasonable ratio. You could think of that mechanic as of a dungeon token system. If you didn't get lucky with your quarry, you can toss all that cobble into the tablet and still get a diamond or two. In these terms, "dense ores" symbol is waaay more OP than transmutation.

Misticblade7

Jul 29, 2019
The collectors were the most OP part of this mod, since they got you tons of diamonds from thin air. On the other hand, transmutation was just fine IMO. The only blocks you can have too many are cobble and dirt and EE2 let you change them into diamonds at a reasonable ratio. You could think of that mechanic as of a dungeon token system. If you didn't get lucky with your quarry, you can toss all that cobble into the tablet and still get a diamond or two. In these terms, "dense ores" symbol is waaay more OP than transmutation.
Dense Ores is fine unless you disable instability.

Kraviec

Jul 29, 2019
Dense Ores is fine unless you disable instability.
I'm having myself a Dense Ores age with Slowness and Mining fatigue. Tried a few times to get acceptable instabilities and rolled these two. Neither of them matter when I'm just setting up a quarry. ~20 diamonds and ~6 iridium per 9x9 quarry is pretty OP, especially when paired with free energy, coutesy of Thermal Expansion's Magmatic Engines and Energy Storage Unit.

Misticblade7

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having myself a Dense Ores age with Slowness and Mining fatigue. Tried a few times to get acceptable instabilities and rolled these two. Neither of them matter when I'm just setting up a quarry. ~20 diamonds and ~6 iridium per 9x9 quarry is pretty OP, especially when paired with free energy, coutesy of Thermal Expansion's Magmatic Engines and Energy Storage Unit.
That's a fair argument.