Question about Mob Essence, Am I doing it right, or is it glitched?

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
I got my cow farm separate (that generates the essence) from the room I spawn things in with my nets. My Auto spawner is full on essence, and the pipe that is connected to the output on the tank it is supposed to be stored in is full (or appears to be) as well. Yet when new essence is obtained, it just goes in through the tank at the top, and right out through the bottom. Never saving itself in the tank. I got a max-size RC tank (which I know is overkill). But nothing happens. Thoughts, suggestions as to what is wrong?

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Somewhere over the rainbow.
You won't generate a surplus of mob essence, its made it so you can't have a surplus of mob essence, the only workaround and still not sure if it works in 1.6.4 is to spawn slimes, usually you get more mob essence than what it cost to auto spawn the slimes (it can take a lot of time to do that), but good luck to find a slime, they seem to be extremely rare, guess its due to Tinkers Construct, but once you capture one in a reusable safari net, you can spawn them (make sure to not spawn exact copy, you want a variety of size, that's what bring more mob essence than what it needs to spawn them...

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
If the slime thing works you can automate a way to make them bigger, Dire showcased something to that extent back in Forgecraft 1 I think (it was still 1.5.2 if memory serves). If slimes still work then setting up something similar to what he did will work.

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
If the slime thing works you can automate a way to make them bigger, Dire showcased something to that extent back in Forgecraft 1 I think (it was still 1.5.2 if memory serves). If slimes still work then setting up something similar to what he did will work.

It is optional, you don't need to use slime embigeneering thingy, it works out of the box (it worked in 1.5.2, I had a setup of this, didn't test it yet in 1.6.4 but its in my todo list after the new year...

thaile4ever

Jul 29, 2019
Each mob killed with a grinder makes 100mb of essence. It cost 150mb to spawn a mob. You're not going to make bank by spawning most mobs.
The slime farm works fine, without the embiggining syringes just less efficiently.

Personally I found the best way to make essence is just use the xp extractor.

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Each mob killed with a grinder makes 100mb of essence. It cost 150mb to spawn a mob. You're not going to make bank by spawning most mobs.
The slime farm works fine, without the embiggining syringes just less efficiently.

Personally I found the best way to make essence is just use the xp extractor.

The XP Extractor isn't very user friendly, I wish there was a block or something special you could use to do that, my guess when I saw the XP Extractor the first time for me it was a manual way of doing it before a better method could be made available in the mod...