Question about MFR tree farms

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Sorry, I don't have a screen shot or video. But my tree farm doesn't seem to be harvesting my trees/crops as fast as it could/should. I have a tesseract coming in and putting power into a hardened energy cell, and that cell outputs to the harvesters.

What do the harvesters cost to run? That is the only thing I can think of is that it isn't enough.

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
Put a fluid void pipe on the harvester (or otherwise get rid of the sludge), if you haven't already. It will increase the speed.

Make sure both the input and output is maxed on the energy cell, and that it still fills up. I don't think you need 400 RF/t for max speed, but you will see if you give it enough power.

HeroWing2

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe Cause the backside of your Harvester is blocked
Keep in mind mfr machienes can only Output their items to the backside if there is your Energy cell he cant get rid of the items

Reactions: Type1Ninja

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe Cause the backside of your Harvester is blocked
Keep in mind mfr machienes can only Output their items to the backside if there is your Energy cell he cant get rid of the items

This isn't accurate. MFR machines in my experience are quite happy to output items top/bottom/sides/back provided there is an inventory on one of those faces to receive it.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
This isn't accurate. MFR machines in my experience are quite happy to output items top/bottom/sides/back provided there is an inventory on one of those faces to receive it.

Are they happy? or are you using pipes with auto-extract functionality? (EIO is a particularly confusing mod in this regard as machines both actively pull, actively push, as do its conduits).

Reactions: RamblinWreckGT

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
Are they happy? or are you using pipes with auto-extract functionality? (EIO is a particularly confusing mod in this regard as machines both actively pull, actively push, as do its conduits).

Nope, as far as I know MFR machines have always auto ejected to valid inventories on any adjacent face. Plunk down a vanilla chest next to any face other than the front of a harvester and it just works. In fact, I usually just stick an ME interface beneath my MFR harvester.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, as far as I know MFR machines have always auto ejected to valid inventories on any adjacent face. Plunk down a vanilla chest next to any face other than the front of a harvester and it just works. In fact, I usually just stick an ME interface beneath my MFR harvester.

I always get annoyed when I see direwolf20 simply configuring cables to extract when I know the machines being used auto-eject.

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, why add another pipe/conduit/machine when it isn't needed? If a machine can auto-export, I take advantage if it reduces the number of tile entities or server load.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I always get annoyed when I see direwolf20 simply configuring cables to extract when I know the machines being used auto-eject.
To be fair MFR used to be finniky with auto imputing in to pipes. You used to have to set pipes to extract for it to work and even then.
I used to have to use a chest as a buffer and extract from that chest.
Thankfully now it doesn't need that sort of treatment.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
or cook that sludge for free blocks of.. junk... well apart from clay.. you get a crap tonne of clay from boiling off sludge...

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
or cook that sludge for free blocks of.. junk... well apart from clay.. you get a crap tonne of clay from boiling off sludge...

Never found it worth the effort, myself. But I use Mekanism which can make clay from dirt so...yeah

Reactions: RedBoss

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Never found it worth the effort, myself. But I use Mekanism which can make clay from dirt so...yeah
This. When I've needed clay people point to MFR, and the pitiful amount you get isn't worth the time or effort. Even after TE added a clay recipe at my request, it still was not viable. I need stacks on stacks and Mekanism is the only mod with a proper clay production system. You need infrastructure, but its SO worth it.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
This. When I've needed clay people point to MFR, and the pitiful amount you get isn't worth the time or effort. Even after TE added a clay recipe at my request, it still was not viable. I need stacks on stacks and Mekanism is the only mod with a proper clay production system. You need infrastructure, but its SO worth it.

Or you could go with Botania... That Clayconia really rips through that sand....

I normally set up a sludge boiler to fill a barrel of each "product" then void the rest.. Some nice rare blocks like Mycelium.