Question about honey comb production.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Hexxa

Jul 29, 2019
Hello! After searching around a bit and scumming the forums I figured I would just make an account and ask.

My wife and I set up a little server for ourselves and shes quite adamant about raising bees, I had been doing so myself back in 1.2.5 and enjoyed it. We ran into an issue of there being next to no honeycomb production. The best we have been getting is two combs with a single apiary, and zero in the rest.

We don't have our bees breed up terribly far and have some pretty basic ones, but is this level of production normal? I remember making quite a bit more( 3-4ish from my initial lot of bees) back in 1.2.5. Has the difficulty been increased?

Thanks ahead of time as I've been a bit out of the loop on forestry.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Due to server use, he nerfed bee production to about 30% of what it was (there were people getting diamond chests full of combs by just leaving them looping on a server).

You can boost it by either adding frames into the apiary (each frame boosts by the same amount, but the normal last the shortest, impregnated longer, and proven the longest).

To get back to the same speed, you need an alveary, which are really quite expensive.

Hexxa

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you so very much! I was totally unaware of the frames and the nerf. It seems the wiki is out of date.

I hope your response helps future beekeepers wondering the same thing. I was checking out the alveary prior to this and was rather overwhelmed but it's requirements.

Thanks again!

Ev4n1313

Jul 29, 2019
Due to server use, he nerfed bee production to about 30% of what it was (there were people getting diamond chests full of combs by just leaving them looping on a server).

You can boost it by either adding frames into the apiary (each frame boosts by the same amount, but the normal last the shortest, impregnated longer, and proven the longest).

To get back to the same speed, you need an alveary, which are really quite expensive.

Or ALLOT of apiary's xD