question about forestry multifarms

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, use RF for transmission and direct energy storage. Energy Conduits will convert to MJ automatically as needed.

And, if you really need to convert from MJ to RF, I believe you can use Ender IO or Mekanism.

But, there are some MJ producers here and there like the Peat-Fired Engine that are cool not because of MJ, but because of the other things they do.

EDIT : Freakin' gangs of ninjas, running around, ganking me

Smiles @rhn and @Padfoote ;-)

Lordlundar

Jul 29, 2019
sorry, this might seem like a stupid question, but I thought with the new thermal expansion version, redflux and MJ are two different energy systems, and not compatible anymore (and that sucks because I like how the redstone cells work).

if not, then I can throw out the whole MJ-system, because I've a big fat reactor running on yellorite sitting around, powered at 20% to run my AE-system and some TE-machines.

It's half compatible. MJ power sources/pipes will not connect to TE systems at all and you cannot hook up TE power sources directly to MJ using machines like BC, Railcraft or Forestry, you can however run TE power through energy conduits to power MJ machines at a 10-1 ratio.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
To expand upon what @MigukNamja said, you can convert MJ to RF with Mekanism's Universal Cables and Ender IO's power net (the specific parts responsible for this I can't remember, however). Or, the best way (IMO) to "convert" between the two, is steam.

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
thanks

redesigning/simplifying my powersystem will be easy :D (I have RF-conduits running everywhere).

EDIT: regarding steam: I saw that the standard steam dynamo has an internal steam storage, does it mean, that this device accepts steam from the boiler?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Direwolf20 used gates and other stuff to prevent explosion of them but they still exploded and blew up a part of his stuff each time I saw him use combustion engines...
Was a bit bored and just wanted to make sure that nothing had changed without I had noticed, so I just dusted off my old 1.4.7 setup and tested it in a monster test world:
This is pretty overkill but I have never ever had an explosion with a combustion engine. Ever! This is a variation of the very first setup I made for it back in 1.4.7 and it still works like a charm.
IzIAHdm.png

Each Iron or gate detects if the engine enters yellow state or water pipe is empty and then sends red pipe wire signal that will turn off the engines. But the secret is plenty water supply without any bottlenecks:
JWFnchw.png

With enough water to keep up with the increased consumption of the high green work phase the safety devices will never get triggered.

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
regarding the multifarm: I hooked it up with my RF net, and I saw a problem:

the farm plants seeds on one field, then plants the neighbor-field. by planting the neighbor-field, the first seed pops out of the soil, and the farm grabs it again. and then, it plants the first field, and the seed on that neighbor-field pops out.

and it is hanging in a neverending loop.

I resolved it by destroying one of those fields and it planted the rest of the field... (happened several times on different spots)

EDIT: the farm has problems with some spots, even if I destroy the soil by hand. so I've set cobble at that place, it lowers the yield by only a tiny amount.

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
regarding the multifarm: I hooked it up with my RF net, and I saw a problem:

the farm plants seeds on one field, then plants the neighbor-field. by planting the neighbor-field, the first seed pops out of the soil, and the farm grabs it again. and then, it plants the first field, and the seed on that neighbor-field pops out.

and it is hanging in a neverending loop.

I resolved it by destroying one of those fields and it planted the rest of the field...
That is most likely a sign of not enough light. Place more torches right next to the farm(or place glowstone around the farm area, it will cower the area).