Quary/automining options available in the 1.10 dw20 pack?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
I know there's the builder (rftools), blood magic has the magnetism/crusher combo, and AA and IC2 have machines that dig smaller holes.

Anything else? Bonus points if it can apply either fortune or silk touch.

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
Eu2 has its nanominer (or whatever it's called) rftools has the builder with the quarry card

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Ah, the Quantum Quarry? That'll work, and I believe it can silk touch with a book. (Ender IO's Enchanter can do that.)

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
So, my thoughts on the options so far:
Excavator: New mechanics, but finding the right "veins" could be annoying. Especially if "no mineral" samples are as common as my test world seems to suggest. Also, I'm a bit late to be getting into steel making given how slow I remember it being.

Quantum Quarry: Requires me to have beaten both the wither (nether star) and Ender Dragon (Chorus Fruit for end rods)

RFTools Builder: Probably the best option since it does large areas and can have fortune or silk tourch. But I've used it before.

AA Vertical Miner: Pretty decent mining area (seems to be 2x2 chunks with max phantom upgrades), but no silk touch/fortune option, unless it inherits the drill's upgrades somehow?

BM Rituals: Again, used it before, plus getting far enough into blood magic to use it, much less get the setup needed to fuel Fortune, would be a pain at this point (I haven't done anything with blood magic this playthrough since my last playthrough was very heavy on blood magic).

Botania: Doesn't really seem suitable for large-scale operations. With the additional issue of no good long-range mana transport and no fortune/silk touch (as far as I know), probably the weakest option.

IE: Haven't played with this in a while, wasn't a big fan of the mod last time I played with it, and I don't want to set up a second power grid just to support a single mining system. The advanced miner looks cool, but expensive and annoying to build anyways. Also, it's slow. Veeeeery slow.

Ok, let's slightly expand the question: Are there options that are in mods not included in the DW20 pack?

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
The first 27 steel plates are slow. Then you get to upgrade to the second tier of Blast Furnace and it's preheaters, which make it significantly faster to produce.

The only other mod that he doesn't have in his pack that's updated to 1.10 is Mekanism and it's Digiminer is capable of Silk Touch. It does add Osmium, but he's also got RFTools so you can generate new dimensions to get the stuff. Mekanism Steel is OreDict with IE steel, and produces ludicrously fast.

If you want a high-speed manual mining option, the maxed out Terra Shatterer from Botania is an absolute monster. It takes a lot of mana to get it up and running but...

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
AA Drills, one 5x5, one single block with Fortune or Silk touch both with 2nd speed upgrade and a voiding max size backpack from backpacks mod is an insane manual mining method, you can easily clear out dozens of chunks from y=11 to y=16 in a very short period of time.

Botania does have the Orechid but it requires a very large amount of setup in mana production cause it's a hungry lil flower. But on the upside it isn't a plop and forget block you would need to build systems to handle it to get fortune\silk touch, provide smooth stone and so on.

Alexiy

Mar 3, 2014
Riga, Latvia
So, my thoughts on the options so far:

Ok, let's slightly expand the question: Are there options that are in mods not included in the DW20 pack?
'Fine Stuff' mod: you can build a quarry/bore out of the blocks it provides.
For faster manual mining, it has enchantments that you can put on tools: 'Multi-mine' and 'Multi-break'.

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
Another option in AA is the use the Ore Lens, using it on the block that converts thing like lapis to its AA counterpart. It will convert stone to ores.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Environmental Tech's Void Resource Miner and Void Ore Miner spawns resources (stone and dirt etc.) and ores respectively, similar to MFR's laser drill

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Um... server play breaks the interface of the Digital Miner? That sounds like a bug. A BIG bug.
I think you misunderstood me. The pack disabled the Digital Miner. In order to use it, you would have to config it back in, which only works if not playing on a server. We use Mek in our custom pack, and the Digital Miner definitely does work in SMP if configured to be enabled.