quarry + oil and item tping

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

armadylboss9

Jul 29, 2019
First thing first, can you use oil for a quarry? If yes, how/guide? And can you tp an item from a quarry to your house? If yes, how/guide?

Ask if you need more explanation, and thanks in advance :)

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
armadylboss9 said:
First thing first, can you use oil for a quarry? If yes, how/guide?

Yes, but not directly. Simply pump oil into 4 combustion engines to power the quarry at max speed (a combustion engine running on oil outputs 2 MJ/t, quarry needs 9 MJ/t to run on max speed). Or you can use a refinery to refine the oil into fuel. Then you would only need 2 combustion engines using fuel to run a quarry at max speed. See the BuildCraft Wiki for more info. NOTE: Don't forget to cool your engines with water or they will go BOOM, I would recommend running conductive pipes to the quarry and keep the engines a minimal distance away to avoid destroying your expensive quarry if they do blow up.

armadylboss9 said:
And can you tp an item from a quarry to your house? If yes, how/guide?

There are a few ways you can transport items from your quarry to your house. One way is using RailCraft and PortalGun mods. See Direwolf20's Let's Play Season 4 Episode 15 to learn how to do it. Remember, RedPower isn't in FTB yet, so you'll have to use regular redstone instead.

I hope this helps.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
Just a couple of small notes:

First, I would highly recommend AGAINST conductive pipes. They're easier to get than Redstone Conduit, but they are also very lossy. If you go through the effort to set up for combustion, it isn't that much more to set up for and build your conduit. To make things even better still, place a redstone energy storage block against the quarry and set it to max output of 10 MJ/T. It's not a big deal, the conductive pipes do work. You're just losing some of the power you generated. Especially if you use stone conductive instead of the gold.

As for teleporting you have 2 main choices, and both would involve canning/capsules first. Or really buckets if you wanted to do that. From there, you can either set up a railcraft system to run through mystcraft portals to get to your destination. This will also require having a fair bit of the mystcraft crystals, as well as being fully up and running with railcraft, as well as a chunk loader in the mystcraft age.

The second option is to use enderchests. This will only require being able to pump items out faster than they go in. With a tiny 3x3 storage, they can fill up fast. Remember though that you can connect multiple engines to a single wooden pipe. Also note that autarchic are vastly slower because any time they have 0 items to pump they cool down, and have a FAR longer warm up time. NTM you can't stack 4 autarchic gates on one pipe. The main downside here is that if you manually use the enderchests and you have not updated the mod...shift+clicking anything into or out of enderchests causes an instant crash 100% of the time. ( I strongly advise updating this mod because of this issue. At some time you're almost certainly going to start using them...and you'll thank me then. )

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Wait, aren't teleport pipes in the FTB mod, or was that an extra mod chucked into Tekkit? Those things were useful.

pixalen

Jul 29, 2019
there is no stable release of TP Pipes in 1.4.2/1.4.5 yet so.

And it was not "an extra mod chucked into tekkit" -_-' It's an Addon for buildcraft, same as logisticpipes

Reactions: damnedsky

Effervo

Jul 29, 2019
When I was running my full size quarry I was initially using railcraft item loader/ unloaders going through mystcraft portals but I found that the bottleneck in my system was then trying to sort and move all my items out of my buffered diamond chest on the other side of the portal.

I gave up with that and went with a simple Ender chest on top of my quarry and another ender chest in my sorting facility. I set up a combustion engine running on fuel to pump things out of the enderchest on the other side and since it is capable of pumping out full stacks at a time it was able to keep up and even stay ahead of my quarry that was running at full speed.

I didn't even know that combustion engines and stirling engines could pull more than a single unit until i visited the wiki.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
When I was running my full size quarry I was initially using railcraft item loader/ unloaders going through mystcraft portals but I found that the bottleneck in my system was then trying to sort and move all my items out of my buffered diamond chest on the other side of the portal.

I gave up with that and went with a simple Ender chest on top of my quarry and another ender chest in my sorting facility. I set up a combustion engine running on fuel to pump things out of the enderchest on the other side and since it is capable of pumping out full stacks at a time it was able to keep up and even stay ahead of my quarry that was running at full speed.

I didn't even know that combustion engines and stirling engines could pull more than a single unit until i visited the wiki.

All engines can do that. the amount of MJ's per cycle decides how many items are pullled out at a time. so for instance 2 redstone engines going full tilt without being synchronized will pull single items out very fast, or when moving in perfect sync pull 2 items per cycle instead of the usual one. Don't run 4 engines without syncing them somehow. the lag can get pretty bad by having that many entities in motion trough the pipe at the same time.
I believe i remember vaguely that a forestry electrical engine also pulls a full stack per cycle, something to think about if it's a sorting system that feeds IC machines. No need for a separate power type, just hook the ultra safe electrical engine up to the pipe instead.