Quarry not working with landmarks

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

formido11

Jul 29, 2019
So I've set 4 landmarks in a rectangle and powered them with redstone torches, I then right clicked one and it formed a red box but when I place the quarry next to the torch the yellow/black lines appear for a split second, the landmarks drop but then the lines dissapear, what do I do wrong?

The torches are set 14 x 55

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
So I've set 4 landmarks in a rectangle and powered them with redstone torches, I then right clicked one and it formed a red box but when I place the quarry next to the torch the yellow/black lines appear for a split second, the landmarks drop but then the lines dissapear, what do I do wrong?

Did you try powering the quarry and using it while it was in the state mentioned above? What I'm thinking is its a rendering issue with the black and yellow square.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013

Don't power landmarks with redstone torches. Don't use 4 landmarks. Only use 3 with the origo where you place the quarry.

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
Don't power landmarks with redstone torches. Don't use 4 landmarks. Only use 3 with the origo where you place the quarry.
It really doesn't matter (or shouldn't) if you use 3 landmarks or 4, or if you power them with a redstone signal.

formido11

Jul 29, 2019
Did you try powering the quarry and using it while it was in the state mentioned above? What I'm thinking is its a rendering issue with the black and yellow square.

Weirdly enough it worked when I placed them like 7 higher above the trees :/

I always use 4, works fine (normally)

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
Guess so, can't see why though because I have a single chunck quarry in the trees too
Are there any types of modded trees there? It's a long shot, but maybe the quarry doesn't like those specific trees, kind of like how the builder can have a hard time.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
It really doesn't matter (or shouldn't) if you use 3 landmarks or 4, or if you power them with a redstone signal.
I always use 4, works fine (normally)
If you use 4 then one of them will not actually be part of the rectangle formed. It will also not pop out when the quarry is placed. And if you happen to place the quarry at this marker, then the the quarry will not detect the rectangle set by the markers. Hence why if there is problems I always recommend only using 3.

This is because a rectangle can only be defined by 3 points in an orthogonal coordinate system. If you try to do it with 4 points it becomes overdetermined.