Quarry in Hell Being Weird?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Archie Duffy

Jul 29, 2019
I started a quarry in the Nether a few weeks ago, but I recently ventured into the Nether and realised that the chunk where the QuarryPlus was had reset. The blocks I have in the same chunk are as followed: PumpPlus, QuarryPlus, Redstone Energy Conduit, Tesseract, Ender Tank and an Ender Chest (The EnderStorage One). So what is it making the chunk reset?

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I have no idea. I didn't encounter any resets due to an Ender-something so far.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Just a little more info to add: The chunk resets regarding Enderstorage usually only seem to happen after a crash/the game was improperly closed(Pressing the red x at the top right instead of exiting through the pause menu).

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Just a little more info to add: The chunk resets regarding Enderstorage usually only seem to happen after a crash/the game was improperly closed(Pressing the red x at the top right instead of exiting through the pause menu).
If the chunk resetting is related to Enderstorage then I believe it is somehow caused by how stuff like Enderthermic pumps, Quarry+ etc. do chunkloading. Cause I was having constant chunk resets when using a Enderthermic pump+Endertank. Replaced the Enderthermic pump with a normal BC pump + ChickenChunks chunkloader and haven't had any issues for months since. And personally using/have used Entertanks in almost every other possible combination and never had issues with chunk resets in those cases.

So think it is caused somehow by the "dynamic chunkloading" used by Quarry+, Enderthermic pumps, Ender Quarries etc. and it not unloading the chunks properly during crashes/improper shutdowns.

Reactions: Wagon153

dalekslayer96

Jul 29, 2019
The Quarry refuses to work because the devil frowns upon you. In order to save yourself draw a pentagram and throw in steak. Then chant the chant of warding and use backups next time. Also, I don't recommend using Ender Chests too often unless it's for a small transfer. For quarries, use a Tesseract. How? Place a chest (preferably an Obsidian/Reinforced chest) on top of the quarry and pipe it to the Tesseract. Job done.

Reactions: JunpakuKarasu