Bug Quarry Help?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Slania312

Jul 29, 2019
So I've had a quarry up and running on and off for a few days now. I set it up in a decently large area around a meteor so over the course of the running time it would mine the meteor for me as well. Well now suddenly the quarry arm is moving in a sort of X surrounded by a square shape. Hard to describe. Anyway it simply won't progress. I've tried cutting the power which didn't work. I picked up the quarry and put it back down and set up the landmarks again and it went right back to doing the same thing. It's already mined a bit of the meteor so I'm not sure why it suddenly became confused. Any suggestions?

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
Could you upload a screen shot of the thing? I'm having trouble picturing this myself

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like you have an automatic cobblegen in the last place where it is mining. That is where lava meets water, and it endlessly creates cobblestone everytime the quarry 'quarries' it.

Go to the place where it keeps returning to and look for lava and water there. Then remove them or put another block in their place.

Reactions: Padfoote

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Only time I've seen them get stuck like that is when I hit water and lava, which started making cobblestone and the quarry kept trying to remine it as the lava/water made more.

Reactions: Padfoote

Slania312

Jul 29, 2019
N394RTp.png
It's hard to depict but as you can see there's no lava or water around it. It stays above the meteor and never goes down to the next layer. I've tried placing blocks around and it'll mine them at seemingly random times but never moves over to the far side as you can see to continue the current layer.